• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

What would be ideal act of civil dis in NH?

Started by Dave Ridley, August 27, 2005, 05:10 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

tracysaboe

Quote from: BaRbArIaN on May 05, 2006, 10:42 PM NHFT
Take your barrels of industrial hemp seeds and place them in strategic hidden areas where wild birds will be your hemp amassadors.  Sure some of them will not survive the birds, but the rest will be deposited all over NH and surrounding areas with sufficient fertilizer to start growing well.   It has the added bonus of limiting the risk to the one time you dump the seeds.   They can't arrest the birds for crapping all over the place.   >:-)

DUDE, that's sweet!

Drop seads ALL OVER government property.

Yeah!

It's not vandalism. I have partial ownership. After all, it's public property, and I help finance it.

Tracy

tracysaboe

Quote from: aries on May 06, 2006, 06:25 AM NHFT
Quote from: traveler on May 05, 2006, 10:30 PM NHFT
Acquire some barrels of industrial hemp seeds.Distribute them to people and plant them all over N.H...They cant arrest everyone.At least I dont think they can. :)

You know marijuana used to grow wild in every state? It's a very persistent weed.

See, that's why it's called. . . Hum . .. WEED!  :)

Kat Kanning

So some little old lady is found to have hemp growing in her backyard, and the thugs throw her in prison.  This idea will feel good then?  How about using willing volunteers for the civil disobedience.

tracysaboe

See, that's why I like the idea of throwing it on government property.

The way government's take care of public property around here there's plenty of time for the weeds to take root. The government properties around here have all sorts of "noxious" weeds growing on them, that I'd be fined for if I had them on my private property.

Tracy

Michael Fisher

Quote from: katdillon on May 09, 2006, 04:25 AM NHFT
So some little old lady is found to have hemp growing in her backyard, and the thugs throw her in prison.  This idea will feel good then?  How about using willing volunteers for the civil disobedience.

I do not understand why so many people seem to believe that civil disobedience means to break the law in irresponsible ways, then to run and hide from the truth.

It's not our fault--none of us run away from our acts of voluntary self-suffering.

Imagine if Gandhi made salt, or Jesus taught the Gospel, and they ran away from the authorities. :P

Perhaps we need to educate our activists on what makes a successful act of nonviolent noncooperation.

tracysaboe

Quote from: Michael Fisher on May 09, 2006, 07:38 AM NHFT

Perhaps we need to educate our activists on what makes a successful act of nonviolent noncooperation.

You've done a good job in the past in educating that, right here on the forums.

:)

FTL_Ian

Quote from: katdillon on May 09, 2006, 04:25 AM NHFT

Did someone advocate throwing them on private property?

Though, since you mention it, having little old ladies knowingly growing weed publicly would make for some great CD...

Kat Kanning

Quote from: BaRbArIaN on May 05, 2006, 10:42 PM NHFT
Take your barrels of industrial hemp seeds and place them in strategic hidden areas where wild birds will be your hemp amassadors.  Sure some of them will not survive the birds, but the rest will be deposited all over NH and surrounding areas with sufficient fertilizer to start growing well.   It has the added bonus of limiting the risk to the one time you dump the seeds.   They can't arrest the birds for crapping all over the place.   >:-)

This would be happening on private as well as public property.

president

Chances are no one would notice it. Maybe only the people who throw them, and only because they look for it.

It if is on a lawn that gets mowed, they will never be noticed before they get killed.

If it is in a spot that does not get moed, they will probably not be able to compete with the other plants already established. They will probably only grow a few inches tall.

The only time I have seen this work is when the seeds are put in a planter that has flowers in it, so they get watered with the flowers. This seems to be where they do best. They do have wild flower areas on hiway medians that don't get mowed....maybe they would do good there.

Anyway, it isn't as easy as throwing some seeds on the ground.......

If you buy industial hemp seed, they are sterilized......

They sell hemp seed as bird food at almost all pet stores. They digest them.

FTL_Ian

Yeah, that's why I say go with the real thing.  Forget industrial hemp seeds.  I used to throw my seeds in the backyard at a house I used to rent.  Sure enough, they started springing up.  They got to about a foot before I mowed em down.  (Neighbors were a fireman who was a former weed dealer, and on the other side a guy who was growing a potted weed plant in his backyard.)

burnthebeautiful

Someone planted a weed plant in bushes in front of the city-governments house in Malmo about a year back. It was there for months before it came to someons attention and they took it down ;D I guess the pot-smokers thought it was funny and didn't say anything, and other people didn't know what it was.

By the way while it is true that weed can grow anywhere, thc doesn't neccesarily develope. I'm far from an expert, but I've read stories of people here in Sweden trying to grow weed outside, and while the plant has grown, it hasn't bloomed.

president

The plants bloom when they get more than around 12 hours of dark, but that also depends on the strain.

The NH growing season is short, so if you are growing outdoors, you need a strain that starts to bloom early, and ripens quickly.....

Dave Ridley

steveA wrote:

<<Don't accept dollars as payment for your services.  It's the paper machine that powers the system.  (Sadly, I don't know how you'd be able to pay taxes either if the transactions weren't in dollars  )  "Barter" using silver coins, instead of dollars.>>

Does anyone know if it is illegal and prosecutable to refuse acceptance of fed dollars? If so, maybe running a business on a sidewalk in front of a fed building, and refusing to take fed money, could successfully trigger a response.  Your thoughts?

Ron Helwig

Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 29, 2006, 07:20 AM NHFT
steveA wrote:

<<Don't accept dollars as payment for your services.  It's the paper machine that powers the system.  (Sadly, I don't know how you'd be able to pay taxes either if the transactions weren't in dollars  )  "Barter" using silver coins, instead of dollars.>>

Does anyone know if it is illegal and prosecutable to refuse acceptance of fed dollars? If so, maybe running a business on a sidewalk in front of a fed building, and refusing to take fed money, could successfully trigger a response.  Your thoughts?

Legal tender is required to be accepted for debts, but isn't required for other transactions.

You can specify any payment you want for sales transactions. An example is that you can refuse a $50 FRN for a $2 purchase.

If all purchases were required to accept legal tender, vending machines would have to accept $100 FRNs.  >:D

Recumbent ReCycler

Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 29, 2006, 07:20 AM NHFT
steveA wrote:

My friend Rick Celata accepts gold and silver for purchases at his web site http:www.ktordnance.com.  I'm going to try to start a firearms parts business within the next year.  I think I will accept gold and silver as payment, as well as possible trades.  For instance, I might exchange a "made in NH" ak47 reciever for 5 oz. of silver or a case of Rocketman's sweet honey beer or something else that I want or need.