• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

"Waiting to Inhale" Screening: Free

Started by Kat Kanning, January 06, 2009, 09:50 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

http://www.newhampshirefreepress.com/NHFreePress/?q=node/305

Medical Marijuana Documentary "Waiting to Inhale" Screening, Discussion Planned Jan. 10

Free Screening to Be Followed by Q&A, Introduction of NH Patients

MANCHESTER, N.H. — A free screening of the medical marijuana documentary, "Waiting to Inhale," takes place Jan. 10, at the Manchester Public Library, followed by the introduction of New Hampshire patients and a Question-Answer session facilitated by medical marijuana advocates.

The film has particular relevance for Granite Staters this year; New Hampshire lawmakers will consider a bill to protect seriously ill patients from the threat of arrest and jail if their doctors recommend marijuana.

- WHAT: Free screening of medical marijuana documentary "Waiting to Inhale," followed by Q&A and discussion

- WHO: Advocates scheduled to participate include:
• Matt Simon, executive director for the NH Coalition for Common Sense Marijuana Policy

• Stephanie Murphy, medical student and Ph.D. candidate

• New Hampshire patients (names TBA)

- WHEN: Saturday, Jan. 10, 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

- WHERE: Manchester Public Library, 405 Pine St. Manchester N.H., 03103

Winner of several awards, including the CINE Golden Eagle award, Worldfest Houston 2005 Gold Special Jury Award, Best Documentary 2005 New Jersey International Film Festival and winner of the Eureka! International Film Festival, "Waiting to Inhale" examines the debate over marijuana's use as medicine in the United States. The film includes interviews with patients, leading medical marijuana researchers, and experts.

dalebert

I wanna go to this. Let's set up some carpooling from Keene.

TackleTheWorld

Check your calendars, maybe there's a previous engagement.

KEENE, NEW HAMPSHIRE  –  A young, 18 year old man will purposefully possess marijuana to incite his own arrest.  At 1:00 PM on January 10, at 82 Main Street in Keene, New Hampshire, J. Andrew Carroll will illegally be in possession of marijuana as a protest against the drug laws of the country.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on January 06, 2009, 11:58 AM NHFT

KEENE, NEW HAMPSHIRE  –  A young, 18 year old man will purposefully possess marijuana to incite his own arrest.  At 1:00 PM on January 10, at 82 Main Street in Keene, New Hampshire, J. Andrew Carroll will illegally be in possession of marijuana as a protest against the drug laws of the country.

Ya, I noticed that.

dalebert

Doh! Well I'm not missing the protest. Was this timing purposeful?

AntonLee

probably not, I can't imagine that some people attending Manchester would be all too thrilled about the CD going on in Keene.  Which will result in more knowledge?  I'll probably put my money on Keene.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: dalebert on January 06, 2009, 12:58 PM NHFT

Doh! Well I'm not missing the protest. Was this timing purposeful?

No idea.  Was just disseminating the press release I received.

Puke

Bummer, I'd like to attend that screening. But the CD here in Keene can not be rented later.

Lloyd Danforth