• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Revolvers.

Started by Puke, January 06, 2009, 05:57 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 13, 2009, 09:00 PM NHFT
The only place you see a nipple is an opening where you attach and remove the cap.

I didn't realize you were a football fan.

Lloyd Danforth

I'm not, but sometimes I'll watch a game until they score a couple of Home Runs.

Puke

Well, I bought an SP101 today.
I see what you guys meant by the trigger and hammer not moving as smooth as possible.
I can see were a little grinding would smooth out a lot of burs and sharp edges.

Any gunsmiths in Keene?  ;D

Lloyd Danforth

It's called honing.  Tony Stelik can do it.  He lives in Grafton, but, passes near you a couple of times a week.

Message me and I'll send ya contact info.

Tom Sawyer

Congrats on your new
Quote from: Puke on January 17, 2009, 02:46 PM NHFT
Well, I bought an SP101 today.
I see what you guys meant by the trigger and hammer not moving as smooth as possible.
I can see were a little grinding would smooth out a lot of burs and sharp edges.

Any gunsmiths in Keene?  ;D
Congrats on your new gun. :)

Puke

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 17, 2009, 06:09 PM NHFT

Thanks.
I'm now waiting on the new grips, front sight, and holster to arrive.
This will be my open carry rig.

I am curious if carrying a fancy looking revolver versus a scary black semi-auto will garner more attention.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Puke on January 17, 2009, 07:36 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 17, 2009, 06:09 PM NHFT

Thanks.
I'm now waiting on the new grips, front sight, and holster to arrive.
This will be my open carry rig.

I am curious if carrying a fancy looking revolver versus a scary black semi-auto will garner more attention.

I think the more important question is what do the chicks think of it. ;D

Post a self portrait with your new piece when you can. (I mean the gun and you, you can include the chick if you want to ;D )

Puke

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 17, 2009, 07:40 PM NHFT
I think the more important question is what do the chicks think of it. ;D

Post a self portrait with your new piece when you can. (I mean the gun and you, you can include the chick if you want to ;D )

I think most chicks in Keene are likely afraid of guns. But maybe I can change that.  :P

I'll be sure to post a pic.

Tom Sawyer

Cool.
Hey baby, you should be careful with me cuz, well... I'm a revolutionary. ;D

Bet they never hear that line!

Hubbard

grasshopper

Oh, sorry I'm late.
  The brass and metal frame thing is not as good as the all metal gun.
   I havn';t had any problems with this firearm and I've shot it all sorts of places and times.

Tom Sawyer

My brother in law has a Ruger "Old Army" that I think I'm going to get. Very well regarded, no longer made.

I was also reading about the ballistics of the 44 black powder. At least as effective as the 38 special and maybe as the 44 special.

Lloyd Danforth

Tom Sawyer

Doing more research on the ballistics...
Wow...
QuoteWith a hot-running blackpowder substitute like Hodgdon 777, the Old Army can deliver muzzle energies in the range of 700 ft-lbs @ 1200 fps, twice the energy of a standard .45 ACP cartridge, and 20% more velocity.

grasshopper

Yup, and thay're accutate.
  You might get funny looks if you were walking around in a book store withthat on your waist tied to the leg.....