• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Stop the Cameras

Started by jaqeboy, January 07, 2009, 12:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jaqeboy

The ACLU is organizing an planning meeting in Boston to actively oppose installation of spy cameras everywhere. Might be a good place to model an organization here.

This post from Boston 9/11 Truth's meetup site:

http://9-11.meetup.com/290/calendar/9397711/?a=nr1c_grp
============================================
The meeting to organize to Stop the Cameras has been rescheduled for Thursday, January 8.

This is an ACLU event, this posting does not endorse the ACLU.

If you feel your views should be represented on this important issue I suggest you attend the planning meeting meeting and say your piece. - JK

============================================

Mon Jan 5, 6pm, ACLU office, Plan to STOP THE CAMERAS!
Please share widely!

Planning Meeting at the ACLU office
Monday Jan 5, 6pm

Stopping Homeland Security Funded - Surveillance Cameras in Your Community

Forming a Greater Boston Coalition to Stop the Cameras

The new version of surveillance camera-- under the black part is a camera that can turn 360 degrees, pan and zoom, at instructions from someone at the police station. Once you know what they look like, you'll notice them all over... Homeland Security is funding cameras like this all over the county-- The images captured are digital, meaning that they can easily be sent anywhere, including to Homeland Security, very easily, over the net.

Come hear Nancy Murray give a short introduction to the full dangers of a national Surveillance State, Fusion Centers, the Homeland Security initiative to fund and place surveillance cameras all over the country, and what we can do about it in the Boston area.

Especially Encouraging activists from each of the affected communities to come, to help develop a strategy to work against the cameras in each community, including those that never had a chance to vote on it, and to give each other support as a Greater Boston Coalition to Stop the Surveillance Cameras!

More info:
amyh@texnology.com
nancy@aclum.org

The ACLU of Massachusetts office is at 211 Congress St., 3rd floor (corner of Congress and High Streets, close to South Station and Post Office Square).

J’raxis 270145

Uh, nice job, ACLU. You're about a decade too late down there...

jaqeboy

Oops, and it looks like I posted it too late. I thought it was Thursday, darn!

Lloyd Danforth

Lloyd Danforth

jaqeboy

jaqeboy

OK, I could use some of that!

David

Yes, paint does wonderful things to prying spy cameras.  My hope is that keene will never be cursed for long with those things.   ;D

Pat K

John Edward Mercier

Why do they use cameras?
With so many vehicles being On-Star ready, and people carrying cell phones, its possible to track the location and speed of more and more people.

jaqeboy

With cameras you can also add facial recognition s/w and constantly upload info to the fusion centers for developing "Total Information Awareness", ie Big Brother - all in the name of Homeland Security. You want to be secure in your homeland, don't you?

John Edward Mercier

Not sure what my 'homeland' is.
If one follows the US Constitution, lands acquired under the Jay Treaty were never acquired.
The British Crown grant for the Province of NH was only to the Merrimack river (West Franklin).
I was born and live in what would have been the New France Colony (Canada). Since Canada is not currently claiming it, and the US if it followed its self-evident rules wouldn't be either... pretty much makes my homeland anything within my skin.

The evil forces of four cups of coffee invaded it yesterday... but the homeland defense forces were able to piss it back out.
Just wondering... do I have to throw my kidneys a ticker tape parade or increase their budget? ;)