• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Seacoast dentist or doctor recommendations?

Started by PowerPenguin, January 08, 2009, 09:52 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerPenguin

Hey all,

It's time for my semiannual dental cleaning. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good dentist on the seacoast? Also, does anyone know a good general practitioner or allergist? I should probably get a general physical sometime soon, and I need to see if anything can be done about my mild but chronic allergies (seems to be mostly pet hair, dust, and pollen, afaik).

I have Cigna for medical/vision and Aetna for dental if that makes any difference. PS I should also get my annual eye exam. Might as well kill all the birds with one stone! ;) Give it up for VZW medical benefits! :D

AntonLee

for the eye exam, I would suggest Eye Appeal in Seabrook on Route 1 next to Shaws and Gamestop (wal-mart plaza)

they've been very good to me, good deals usually on glasses, and they're nice guys too

Fluff and Stuff

If anyone needs glasses or contacts, I recommend Costco (or Sam's).  The contacts are often 1/2 off what doctor's charge and the cheapest I've ever heard of.

PowerPenguin

Quote from: AntonLee on January 08, 2009, 01:56 PM NHFT
for the eye exam, I would suggest Eye Appeal in Seabrook on Route 1 next to Shaws and Gamestop (wal-mart plaza)

they've been very good to me, good deals usually on glasses, and they're nice guys too

Sounds good. I'll check them out I'm way overdue for my annual checkup.

Fluff and Stuff

You don't need an eye exam every year.  You don't need your teeth cleaned every 6 months, either.

Just get your gf to give you a check-up :)

AntonLee

my eyes changed rapidly.  I have 'featherweight' lenses and they're still like 30x thicker than most people's.  Up until this year I got eye checked every 2 years.  I'll wait like 3 or 4 before my next since my eyes have been leveling off.

I actually think going to the dentist every 6 months for a deep cleaning, including under the gums with the probe. . . I have had some teeth issues not for lack of brushing. . . put me heavilly into debt at the time.  I won't miss another 6 month appointment, even though it had really nothing to do with my situation, I want to catch this stuff before they happen.

plus my teeth just feel awesome after

MTPorcupine3

As for your eyes, no matter where you live check out my friend's web site: www.visionsofjoy.com.

PowerPenguin