• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Failure on the freedom to travel front

Started by TackleTheWorld, January 08, 2009, 02:24 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

TackleTheWorld

Yes, I registered my yellow car.  I no longer travel in anonymity.  The staties know my name when they call up the plates.  Sad but true.

I decided to minimize bad things happening to people driving and riding in my car, like getting ejected into the cold and having to walk home, and having to rescue my car from the tow yard.  I know it's not my doing, but I'm working to minimize the thug's influence over people anyway. 

I still don't have a license, but interestingly, when I paid the fines the DMV gave me a paper that says,
QuoteALL LICENSE/OPERATING PRIVILEGES ARE HEREBY RESTORED.
YOUR REGISTRATION IS HEREBY RESTORED.

That says to me that I am legal without a license.
That paper could provide some fun with the authoratays.  :)

Tom Sawyer

Hey you pushed the edges of the envelop to an extent I had never witnessed.  8)

Running headlong into the bayonets doesn't seem to be constructive, although I have sure felt like it before.

So my view wouldn't put your efforts in the area of failure. You didn't take it all the way to the bitter end, but you took it farther than anyone else had. Color me impressed.  :)

FreelanceFreedomFighter

you proved a point... namely, that the State's piece of paper does not make one a better or safer driver, nor does it "protect" society at large... it only serves to give the State more undeserved control and power. Continuing without a DL continues that statement while having a registration provides an "out" for others traveling with you. All in all... good decision.

Love & Hugs,

P

Pat K

You went many steps forward.

This is just a step to the side.

Personally I like when I come over and your not in jail.  ;D

AntonLee

you accomplished more than I ever could possibly try to accomplish.

dalebert

Quote from: Pat K on January 08, 2009, 03:21 PM NHFT
Personally I like when I come over and your not in jail.  ;D

Yeah, I admit I share the same bias. This is FAR from a failure. We have to pick our battles wisely. You've done a lot and opened a lot of eyes.

Puke

You've done more than I.

Besides, I hated to see that cool yellow truck sitting unused.  ;D

KBCraig

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on January 08, 2009, 02:24 PM NHFT
I still don't have a license, but interestingly, when I paid the fines the DMV gave me a paper that says,

I suggest multiple notarized copies sealed in plastic sleeves and stored in various locations.  8)

Russell Kanning

interesting

Sam A. Robrin

That's probably like "Will I be able to play the piano after the operation?"--but in Legal Land, ya never know . . .

ancapagency

I've been saying that I would like to see (amongst the politically active types) a NH Freedom to Travel Coalition (or something like that) that would start working on repealing some of the vehicle laws--inspection should be easier to get repealed than registration (although I of course would like to see them all go away). 

Lloyd Danforth

Yes, I registered my yellow car.  I no longer travel in anonymity. 

If I remember that video of the cop in Plainfield you were already traveling sans anonymity ;D

dalebert

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 10, 2009, 06:43 AM NHFT
If I remember that video of the cop in Plainfield you were already traveling sans anonymity ;D

OK, Lauren, I know who you are. I recognized you from the V mask in your passenger seat. I know you have rights. I'm not trying to blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...

See yah!

Lloyd Danforth

"I know this vehicle isn't registered and I know you don't have a license.  Here's a piece of paper. Go on your way. Have a good day!"