• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

"Citizen Keene" Discussion Forum Heats Up

Started by FTL_Ian, January 08, 2009, 06:04 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

AntonLee

AntonLee

Ian was owning the shit out of them and I jumped in with some comments I thought were hilarious, proper, and was warm and friendly.

they can't take being wrong. . . the equivalent of taking your ball and going home. 

AntonLee

dalebert

That thread was the only one I had read, so I'm speaking from limited knowledge, but I'm under the impression that people seem to be jumping to conclusions to assume it was that thread that led to it being shut down.

FTL_Ian

It didn't seem like there was much more activity on the site.  Not sure what photoshopping was going on or what aggressive comments were made, because none of that was present on that thread.  Very suspicious timing though.

dalebert

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on January 10, 2009, 08:33 AM NHFT
It didn't seem like there was much more activity on the site.  Not sure what photoshopping was going on or what aggressive comments were made, because none of that was present on that thread.  Very suspicious timing though.

Actually, I saw the photo-shopping that he was probably referring to and now I've changed my mind. He's just being a whiny loser to close down the site over it. That photo-shop was funny and very telling!

FTL_Ian

See the photoshop here:
http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=417.msg3544#msg3544

It's the pic of Mikaela on Sam's profile.

This is totally taking their ball and going home.  If it comes back, he may decide to moderate with an iron fist to ensure no radical ideas get out there.

It's a shame too, I thought we were having a good discussion.  Oh well, just shows how easy it is to push over some of the opposition - just a few challenging posts on the forum, and they shut it down!  Also, I'm presuming it was the secession topic that was what he considered "aggressive" - which is weird because I made it clear we were peaceful.  Maybe it was some other thread, but there wasn't really any other activity on the site - I'd been checking.  He made it sound like his decision was based on some kind of pattern of the activity - I never saw evidence of his claims outside the pic of Mikaela.

AntonLee

if he shut the picture down because of that picture. . . then he's really a dumbass because that picture has been up for MONTHS. . . it was there when I went there the first time, hence how I knew I was in the right place.

FTL_Ian

I believe Mike Caulfield was the site's owner.  Here's his bio from http://mikecaulfield.com/about/ (emphasis added):

QuoteAbout
Mike Caulfield is currently the Director of Community Outreach for the OpenCourseWare Consortium.
Before that he was Director of Online Communications for Keene State College. He also is co-author of Keene State College's current Academic Technology Plan.
He's possibly best known as a co-founder of the online political community Blue Hampshire.

AntonLee

AntonLee

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on January 10, 2009, 09:01 AM NHFT
I believe Mike Caulfield was the site's owner.  Here's his bio from http://mikecaulfield.com/about/ (emphasis added):

QuoteAbout
Mike Caulfield is currently the Director of Community Outreach for the OpenCourseWare Consortium.
Before that he was Director of Online Communications for Keene State College. He also is co-author of Keene State College's current Academic Technology Plan.
He's possibly best known as a co-founder of the online political community Blue Hampshire.

that makes a whole lot more sense.  Speaking of sense, there is none of that allowed on Blue Hampshire that's for sure.

Caleb

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on January 10, 2009, 09:01 AM NHFT
I believe Mike Caulfield was the site's owner.  Here's his bio from http://mikecaulfield.com/about/

I guess they want to run and hide under a rock for a while, it really sucks when someone challenges your belief system.

I found Mike Caulfield to be a pleasant enough fellow. In his younger years, he was a libertarian, so he's not exactly afraid of having his beliefs challenged.  I don't know why he necessarily responded the way he did over the bit of humor, which is certainly within the norms of political satire. Perhaps she is a friend of his.

AntonLee

I guess after a while you might just lose your mind and start wanting people thrown in cages.   Pleasant I'm sure until I stop paying taxes then it's off with my head.  Gotta pay for these 'green' programs somehow.