• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Brass Balls!

Started by Mike Barskey, January 11, 2009, 04:15 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Barskey

Announcing NH Brass Balls, a site where you can voice your opinion about whether NH freedom activists deserve Brass Balls. You may recall that Lauren Canario, Kat Kanning, Russell Kanning, and Dave Ridley have been awarded Brass Balls for their courage while fighting for liberty (videos of their award ceremonies are viewable on NH Brass Balls website!). Who else do you think has balls of brass in their fight for freedom? Go to NH Brass Balls and cast your vote!

Andrew Carroll has just been nominated for his latest marijuana protest. Does he deserve Brass Balls for his protest?

NH Brass Balls is not only for civil disobedience. If you feel that any New Hampshire activist has displayed extraordinary courage or bravery in their fight for liberty in any arena (in the courts, standing up to cops, refusal to cooperate, etc.), you can nominate them at NH Brass Balls and everyone can have their say.

Pat K

ColdSoul

Andrew deserves brass balls because he did the protest and he refused to sign the paperwork.

dalebert

I voted and of course I voted for Andrew to get his.

Coconut

hmm. not on the list despite organizing and dealing an illegal poker game, and refusing to pay a speeding fine.

Or do you have to have been arrested? I guess Jesse hasn't been arrested.

Mike Barskey

I wasn't aware you participated in an illegal poker game. Was that at the first Keene Freedom Fest?

But I am aware of your fighting their speeding ticket. It was an oversight. Sorry.

I nominated you as an activist, but can you please provide a brief summary of each of those events (feel free to include URLs to supporting threads or videos)? If you give me the info, I'll submit it as activism on NH Brass Balls, but you (or anyone) can add activism, too.

Also, how about a brief bio for you? When you moved to NH and why. Or, if you're a native, why you participate in activism, what you want to accomplish, what you do for a living or for fun, etc.

dalebert

Coconut

Quote from: Mike Barskey on January 12, 2009, 12:06 PM NHFT
Also, how about a brief bio for you? When you moved to NH and why. Or, if you're a native, why you participate in activism, what you want to accomplish, what you do for a living or for fun, etc.

Well if I have to work for my attention, forget it. :p

jk. I'll see what I can do.

The site is a good compilation of recent activism events, which makes each one look like part of a bigger cause. Valuable stuff.

Mike Barskey

Nick, I'm sorry. And to all other activists I neglected to nominate myself, I'm sorry! It was not intended to praise the recent bravery and forget the old. It was the intent to make a tool that everyone could use in nominating, entering activism, commenting and discussing, and rating activists for the Brass Balls. I was hoping it was easy enough to use that people would say "Hmm, I remember Nick's speeding ticket. I wonder why no one nominated him yet. I'll do it now." I still hope NH Brass Balls is easy and fun enough that people use it!

Coconut

Quote from: Mike Barskey on January 12, 2009, 12:26 PM NHFT
Nick, I'm sorry. And to all other activists I neglected to nominate myself, I'm sorry! It was not intended to praise the recent bravery and forget the old. It was the intent to make a tool that everyone could use in nominating, entering activism, commenting and discussing, and rating activists for the Brass Balls. I was hoping it was easy enough to use that people would say "Hmm, I remember Nick's speeding ticket. I wonder why no one nominated him yet. I'll do it now." I still hope NH Brass Balls is easy and fun enough that people use it!

Sigh, I even come across condesending and sarcastic in text  :'(

Mike Barskey

Ah. Whew! I'm glad I didn't actually offend. :)

ColdSoul

It's alright, I got called a "arrogant mother fucker" by a teacher (it might have been arrogant something else but I don't remember for sure) after beating him at a card game outside of the school grounds when I was 15. :)

Coconut

I have another complaint!

Now when I go to type in www.nhfree.com, it's not the first thing in my dropdown box of recent history after typing "www.nh"

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Coconut on January 12, 2009, 11:51 AM NHFT
hmm. not on the list despite organizing and dealing an illegal poker game, and refusing to pay a speeding fine.
aren't they all?
I did like your last day it court. So I voted you "cojones".
I'm sorry the hall of fame committee passed on your first year of eligibility. (wait I'm not on it)
I had to wait 3 years for mine.