• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Rt 28: sobriety checkpoint in Pembroke

Started by aworldnervelink, August 26, 2006, 12:22 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Insurgent

Quote from: RattyDog on July 27, 2007, 09:09 AM NHFT
When we find out when and where this will be, could someone please call it in to porc411 so people can flock in that direction!

Thank you...I hate these checkpoints so much...what I hate more is when I try to talk to people about them and how we have to stop them they get this shrieking tone in their voice and say "WHAT, you don't want to stop drunk drivers!!!??". Ugh.

Good talking points on roadblocks at the National Motorists Association site http://www.motorists.org/roadblocks
and dui laws http://www.motorists.org/dui

Anyone out and about this weekend run in to this checkpoint?

Ruger Mason

I just went past the Pembroke sobriety check about an hour ago (I did not know about it).  There were 5 or so cops on each side of the road where drivers had been pulled over and were being interrogated.  The vehicle in front of me was pulled over by the last cop in the queue, and I continued through without being pulled over.

I had not had anything to drink tonight.  Nonetheless, I did not intend to submit to their tests if pulled over, but am glad I wasn't as I realize I was not prepared.  I don't want to get arrested for nothing.  I know that sobriety checks have yet to be challenged before the NH Supreme Court, and I'm willing to be "that guy" if I need to be.  Of course, I wouldn't be arrested for DUI, but probably for "disorderly conduct" due to my non-cooperation.  Has there been any discussion on what people should be doing at the checkpoint if they're interested in challenging the law in court?  I expect of course that once they realize I was "uppity" they'd drop the disorderly conduct charge.  And does being charged with disorderly conduct even give me standing to challenge the sobriety checks?  Come to think of it, how does one even get standing?  Need to research this.

- Ruger