• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Warrant out for Mike Barskey

Started by ancapagency, January 15, 2009, 09:10 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AntonLee

haha yeah don't make any enemies that might snitch you out at lunchtime or something.

Friday

Quote from: Mike Barskey on January 16, 2009, 11:29 PM NHFT
Looks like I'll be arrested much sooner than later. I got back to town and found this note on the door to my apartment.  "reference some paperwork" While technically true, cops are untrustworthy, devious, manipulative liars.
OMG, that is hilarious.  Seriously, it's like something out of a Loony Tune.  It looks like a note the coyote has left for the roadrunner that says "Plaese come over for dinner 6 o'clock dont be late!  :) "

Lloyd Danforth

Mike Barskey

Looks like I'll be arrested much sooner than later. ...cops are untrustworthy, devious, manipulative liars.

Thanks to insight from Libertine, I see that with this post I was overdramatizing the event. It's not inevitable that I'll be arrested sooner than later, but it does look like the cops are actively looking for me instead of waiting to happen upon me.

And of course not all cops are untrustworthy, devious, manipulative liars. Hell, I don't even know if these cops are. It's possible that the cop that left this note is some underling and was actually only told there's some paperwork for me. Or perhaps the cop that left this note is trying to deceive me into voluntarily going to the cops for ulterior motives so they can arrest me, but in his own moral framework it is alright for him to deceive and to kidnap people for victimless crimes. I disagree with that, of course, but there's no need for me to dramatize this. It is what it is.

Jim Johnson

I forgot to factor in 3 teams, that's a lot cops with not much to do.   :D

AntonLee

Quote from: Mike Barskey on January 17, 2009, 09:42 AM NHFT
Looks like I'll be arrested much sooner than later. ...cops are untrustworthy, devious, manipulative liars.

Thanks to insight from Libertine, I see that with this post I was overdramatizing the event. It's not inevitable that I'll be arrested sooner than later, but it does look like the cops are actively looking for me instead of waiting to happen upon me.

And of course not all cops are untrustworthy, devious, manipulative liars. Hell, I don't even know if these cops are. It's possible that the cop that left this note is some underling and was actually only told there's some paperwork for me. Or perhaps the cop that left this note is trying to deceive me into voluntarily going to the cops for ulterior motives so they can arrest me, but in his own moral framework it is alright for him to deceive and to kidnap people for victimless crimes. I disagree with that, of course, but there's no need for me to dramatize this. It is what it is.

in my town constables have to serve these sorts of warrants. . . these constables have always been police and in my town they get paid to be a constable AND get paid police overtime.

FTL_Ian

Word from someone on the inside is:

QuoteThe US Supreme Court has declared that police CAN kick in a door WITHOUT a search warrant of a persons home if a valid warrant for their arrest exists and the police have probable cause that the person is inside....................

Mike may want to prepare to buy his landlord a new front door.   :'(

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Mike Barskey on January 17, 2009, 09:42 AM NHFT

And of course not all cops are untrustworthy, devious, manipulative liars.
Yeah!  The 90% who are and the 8% or so who are simply oblivious make the rest of them look bad.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on January 17, 2009, 11:00 AM NHFT
Word from someone on the inside is:

QuoteThe US Supreme Court has declared that police CAN kick in a door WITHOUT a search warrant of a persons home if a valid warrant for their arrest exists and the police have probable cause that the person is inside....................

Mike may want to prepare to buy his landlord a new front door.   :'(

Ugh. Maybe I'll arrange to not stay at my place for a while. :)

It's almost hard to imagine that cops would use such violence and destruction to kidnap someone who has caused no harm or destruction. Almost.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Mike Barskey on January 17, 2009, 11:15 AM NHFT
It's almost hard to imagine that cops would use such violence and destruction to kidnap someone who has caused no harm or destruction. Almost.
been there done that

Russell Kanning

yea ... locks don't keep out thugs

lastlady

Free Mike Barskey!!!

At least there in the Free State you have lots of support when the shit goes down. I'm ready to make calls and start posting for attention and support.

Peacemaker

Last known sighting of M. Barksey:

To any Government Official searching for Mike Barskey:

I last saw him crossing into Canada (at the NH Border) last Wednesday night.  He had a sled and a dog team and said he was headed to Montreal.  From there, he planned on catching a flight direct to Bali (so the best place to catch him would be to stake out the airport in Montreal, or wait in Bali).   He'll never be expecting you so he should be easy pickings.

I don't know if anyone else has seen him since, but this was the last sighting I had of him.

AntonLee

I swear I just saw him flying in a sled with 8 reindeer

Moebius Tripp

I spotted saw Mike Barskey at Yosemite National Park, riding a mule to the back country.  Looked to me like he had enough supplies to last a few a months.