• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Warrant out for Mike Barskey

Started by ancapagency, January 15, 2009, 09:10 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Those things would only be important if we were going to go shoot the LEOs.  :o

Quote from: ancapagency on January 28, 2009, 02:05 PM NHFT
Remember, when calling in to Porc411 any LEO activities: SALUTE

Size
Activity
Time
Equipment

How many cops?
What are they doing?
Where is this happening?
What agency are they with? (Keene PD, State Cop, Border Patrol)
Date/Time of observation
What do they have?  standard cruisers, unmarked cars, dogs, SWAT Team, barricades, etc.

Then add additional info as possible, and if possible, record any interaction just like Mike Barskey did.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: ancapagency on January 28, 2009, 02:05 PM NHFT
Remember, when calling in to Porc411 any LEO activities: SALUTE

Size
Activity
Time
Equipment

How many cops?
What are they doing?
Where is this happening?
What agency are they with? (Keene PD, State Cop, Border Patrol)
Date/Time of observation
What do they have?  standard cruisers, unmarked cars, dogs, SWAT Team, barricades, etc.

Then add additional info as possible, and if possible, record any interaction just like Mike Barskey did.

I can't remember SAULTE because I'venever heard it. But it's fantastic! What a great way to remember very important info. It's actually probably more info than would be needed to support a fellow activist being harassed by cops, but extra info is not a bad thing. Thanks.

This is exactly the kind of thing I'll want to practice!

TackleTheWorld

Hey Mike, You did great! 

• You alerted the inquisitive person that you were recording them.
  • You didn't say your name was Barskey,
  • You didn't show him ID
  • You didn't show him car registration. 
  • You were polite and level-headed throughout
  • You even got a good statement about police vs. people.

How many people could do better than that?
Not many, I suspect. 
Maybe more after the PiMP

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Mike Barskey on January 28, 2009, 02:16 PM NHFT

I can't remember SAULTE because I'venever heard it. But it's fantastic! What a great way to remember very important info. It's actually probably more info than would be needed to support a fellow activist being harassed by cops, but extra info is not a bad thing. Thanks.

This is exactly the kind of thing I'll want to practice!

What, you weren't in the military?  Stange.

Russell Kanning

I try not to think like a military man.
You can even tell the cops the things you are thinking ... like I don't want to talk to you, or take your paperwork. I don't want to tell you my name.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Mike Barskey on January 28, 2009, 01:20 PM NHFT
Ugh! The same trustworthy source that told me there was a warrant for me, now tells me that there isn't! I don't know whether this source is part of the cop game and their trying to trick or confuse me, so I have yet to determine if I will continue to trust this trustworthy source.
Is inside info important?
is he seeking your good?
is his paycheck, insurance, pension,  more important to him than your safety?

doobie

Wait, were they stalking you waiting for you to go to your car before harassing you?!?!

Mike Barskey

Quote from: doobie on January 28, 2009, 02:40 PM NHFT
Wait, were they stalking you waiting for you to go to your car before harassing you?!?!

I don't know. I think they were checking in on me periodically and lucked into driving by when I was there, but I'm not sure.

Mike Barskey

Thanks, Lauren. And I hope the PiMP does help me (and others) do better! I think, like Libertine said, it will - practice will make habits of the better reactions we want to have.

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 28, 2009, 02:27 PM NHFT
You can even tell the cops the things you are thinking ... like I don't want to talk to you, or take your paperwork. I don't want to tell you my name.

Definitely true. There are consequences to telling thugs something they don't want to hear, and the fear of those potential consequences is very compelling. Practice will help me say what I want more often, instead of saying what they want me to say.

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 28, 2009, 02:29 PM NHFT
Is inside info important?

Info is good to have. "Inside" info, I thought, would be more dependable, more accurate. Apparently that's not necessarily true.

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 28, 2009, 02:29 PM NHFT
is he seeking your good?
is his paycheck, insurance, pension,  more important to him than your safety?

I don't know. Maybe.

AntonLee

I think I might come to this PiMP thing. . . it would definitely help.  I remember the first time I ever said 'no' to a cop was when he kept asking me if I had weed in the car (which I did) and kept hounding me to search the car.  For some reason I just kept saying 'no thank you'. . . and he kept getting closer to me, telling me that 'it looks bad if you don't let me search your car, I could just pull you over again later as a suspicious vehicle'

so I shrugged. . . I was most definitely afraid of getting my car searched.  I was shaking with fear, I've seen these assholes in action and I didn't want to be that stain on the roadway.  I remember being as kind as to wave to him as I was driving away. . .and I'll never forget that scowl face again.  I won't be so kind next time, I don't give a shit anymore if they're 'just doing their jobs'

Mike Barskey

Yes, I was shaking, too. I'm glad you're coming, Anton.

Kat Kanning

I'm often shaking when dealing with them.  BTW, the fed who gave Ridley his ticket was shaking like mad.

TackleTheWorld

Yep, a fed who had 4 more feds right next to him handed me a citation in the cell in the fed courthouse.  He looked terrified.  I'm thinking they have some vulnerability at that moment.  Maybe they can hear their conscience breaking in two.

David

Quote from: doobie on January 28, 2009, 02:40 PM NHFT
It just occured to me they prolly id'd the car through its license, and when he got into it, they id'd him.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on January 28, 2009, 05:58 PM NHFT
Yep, a fed who had 4 more feds right next to him handed me a citation in the cell in the fed courthouse.  He looked terrified.  I'm thinking they have some vulnerability at that moment.  Maybe they can hear their conscience breaking in two.

I can't imagine what he was scared of, but I love your comment "Maybe they can hear their conscience breaking in two."