• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Manchester Police Traffic Stop

Started by GlenDickey, January 15, 2009, 08:38 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenDickey

I wanted to relate my recent interaction with the Manchester police.  I ran a red light immediately in front of a Manchester police cruiser on Sunday 11 Jan 2009 at about sundown.  Now I could blame my running the light on the 3 day background check at Riley's which came back as "HOLD" or on the weird way the intersection was marked or the leftover snow but why isn't important, the point is that I ran this light at 10 mph immediately in front of a cop with the light as red as a commie flag.  Even I think I am "at fault".  I knew I was going to get pulled over and sure enough the signal turns green and the light bar comes on, so I pull over.  Considering the recent playful interactions FSP folks have had with the MPD I am thinking I am pretty well screwed.  The large oval LP.org sticker on my rear window I thought would be a dead give away but I decide to try and make the best of it.  I have my paper work ready when the officers walk up, and tell the officer I was distracted by how the intersection was marked (which is odd to my until recently west coast eyes) but here is my paperwork.  The officer takes my paperwork and asks me where my vehicle inspection sticker is.  My response is "What's that?"  The officer then relates how in addition to registering your car you have to have a mechanic inspect it and give you this sticker that you put in your window.  (Now I would think that the DMV might have mentioned this but since they didn't make take any tests to trade in my Kalifornistan license I will forgive them.)  Now I am in really good mood; in addition to getting a ticket for running a red light I am going to get some kind of "paper work not in order" ticket; maybe even get my car impounded.  The officer takes my paperwork and returns to the cruiser.  After about 10 minutes the officer comes back returns my paperwork and tells me he is going to give me the benefit of the doubt and to get my car registered SOON.  I am a little shocked but never one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I take my paper work and start my engine.  I can't decide if the officer thought that I must be telling the truth because no one would make up such a ridiculous story or if he was just having pity on me.  I am happy not have gotten a ticket for the light (my paperwork is now in order) and wanted to let you my fellow FSP'ers know what happened to me. 

KBCraig

Welcome to the underground, and thanks for the report.

Kat Kanning

ancapagency

The most likely days for you to get a ticket are the first and last Sundays of the month (Nationally, at least--I'm not sure if that's any different in NH).  This is due to the reporting period, and the "quota that isn't a quota" for tickets.  During the middle part of the reporting period, the cops slack off on the tickets (thank god).  Part of that may be laziness, but I'm sure a part of it (maybe the biggest part of it) is that they aren't getting so much pressure from above to ticket folks--and so they can "use their discretion" a lot more comfortably.

Also, cops are a lot more relaxed and friendly up here--with the Manchester Cops generally being less so than elsewhere in NH.  There are a few towns around the state where the cops are more thuggish and can be assholes.

I've heard (but not experienced for myself) that Hooksett is bad. 

I know every time I've seen the cops in Manchester doing something, they were being total dicks (with the exception of the CALEA Hearings, where they were all too busy engaging in fellatio with the Feds and Staties and other bureaucrats).  I've only had one incident with a Manch cop myself, and he was a complete aggressive dickhead from the first moment, despite my being polite and calm the entire time.

Deerfield cops have always been pretty decent; even when they seemed to be over-reacting a bit, they stayed cool and polite.  I've had several interactions with the cops in Deerfield, and they've always been friendly and calm.

From Brad Jardis' comments, the Epping cops seem to be fairly decent. 

I've had one run-in w/ a cop in Epsom, and he seemed pretty cool--was polite and calm from the very beginning and all the way thru.

I've had one run in with a Concord cop, and he was pretty cool the whole time as well, despite giving me a ticket for BS paperwork crap.  But at least he was polite about it.

I've only seen the Keene cops on youtube, and as much as they are enforcing immoral gooferment dictats, they still seem to be fairly polite most of the time.  As with any department, they do have their share of asshole thugs though.  The ones who kidnapped Andrew seemed to at least be somewhat polite when they did so--If I'm gonna be kidnapped, I'd rather they be polite kidnappers than mean ones.

I've heard the staties can be real dickheads, but I have no personal evidence of that.