• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Maybe I should withdraw my FSP membership

Started by memenode, January 16, 2009, 08:20 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

I don't understand that. I assume it is meant as an insult. Thanks

AntonLee

lol I love my fellow polacks.  I wanna come over for dinner because NO ONE makes good Kiszka anymore. . .not even mah momma.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 17, 2009, 06:58 AM NHFT
I would stay where I am.  I live with a couple of Polish Immigrants who say it is terrible in this country.
I forgot about that angle.
It might be best to tear up your fsp membership card and burn the US immigration paperwork
besides, there might be people here who say stuff you don't like

memenode

Quote from: BillKauffman on January 16, 2009, 11:44 PM NHFT
The original statement of intent just said "the role of government" and was changed to "the maximum role of government" because the second president after Jason (Amanda Phillips) was a self-described "anarchist" and wanted it changed so anarchists could feel included.

Hmm.. well I think I shouldn't withdraw then. That makes me think that the wording "maximum" was deliberately meant to include no government and if Amanda and others are fine with that I am too.

The political connotations may be a little issue though, especially if politicos complain about civilly disobedient voluntaryists associating with the FSP (which would imply they want us to withdraw and get on our own), but voluntaryists might as well say the same thing to them so it's moot.. Probably best thing is to just leave it at what it is, a competition between strategies all meant to increase freedom (even if some are arguably misled and inefficient).

Hmm... thanks for opinions.

Russell Kanning

that sentence has roped in many liberty talkers over the years

mackler

Quote from: gu3st on January 16, 2009, 08:20 PM NHFT
What do you think? Am I right to reach these conclusions?

My suggestions:

1) Withdraw your membership in the FSP.

2) Move to New Hampshire.

3) Be a Porcupine.

Being a Porc is far superior to being a Free-Stater (though the two are not mutually exclusive).  You don't have to fill out any paperwork, sign anything, or visit any website or register to become a Porcupine.  Anarchists can be Porcs, in fact many if not most are.  You won't lose your status if decide to take some political action from time-to-time.  And you can stop being a Porc whenever you want without having to "withdraw" or do anything other than changing your mind.

And don't get me wrong.  I'm not saying you should withdraw all your support from FSP, Inc.  They put on a hell of a party at PorcFest, and I encourage you to support that event by attending and participating!

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 17, 2009, 07:04 AM NHFT
I don't understand that. I assume it is meant as an insult. Thanks

You don't also say that the country is bad??  I'm not known for being subtle.  I guess if I mean to insult you, you'll know about it  :D

dalebert

The language was actually broadened to include the anarchist types of which there were many. Jason created it as a political project. It didn't use to say "maximum". I believe it said "only".

Russell Kanning

if you spend lots of time wordsmithing or parsing .... you just might be a Free State Project member