• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

So here's the scoop on my first 2 weeks of LNA school

Started by Raineyrocks, January 16, 2009, 09:23 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

I'm having a heck of a time getting up at 5 am and going to bed early, I love staying up real late. Yay, it's Friday!  ;D 

I feel like a big M & M  in my scubs and the first pants I had kept falling down, I don't know why but it was irritating so I got another kind of pants and now they stay up but they are way too long.  I'm trying to find a way to keep my hair up without using a clip, braid, or ponytail.   I like the clip but I showed my teacher the way I like to wear it and she said it's going to look too messy the way I like wearing it, for clinicals.  She's really cool but she has rules too especially when we do clinicals.   Any hair suggestions before I get it chopped?

So far the other classmates have said I'm the funniest person they ever met, the teacher likes me but I can tell my constant "off topic" discussions are irking her, I understand.   She has told us about a real life situation in a nursing home that has scared the hell out of me, about a perverted guy and a naive LNA.  :o

I've been asked questions about stuff that I'm totally confused about and it seems so simple to everyone else, except this nice blond girl that sits next to me.  So the teacher and other students who are awesome too have tried and tried to explain it to me until they get so tired the teacher just says, "nevermind."   It brings back memories of what my mother used to say to me. :'( ::) :)

Yippee!  I'm siked, I learned how to take a blood pressure today!   I always wondered how they do that but have gotten ignored when I asked in doctor offices.  If anyone wants to know just ask me.   I'm also getting my own stethoscope and blood pressure stuff.

I'm sure there's other stuff too but I'll add it here and there!   I wonder if anyone will read this, it feels like I'm writing in a diary.  :)

P.S. I have found out that tons of stuff makes no sense whatsoever but I must be a compliant robot to pass my test.  ::)  I have voiced my opinion and people agree but just don't know what to do about it, just like I don't for now anyway.   I have gotten a little bit of info  out about cops tazering people in discussions, dangers of microwaves and nutrasweet, more stuff too but I can't remember right now.

Signing out ...........................

Pat K

Raineyrocks

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that when we were learning how to take blood pressures today, the first thing we wrapped the cuff around was a 2 liter soda bottle.   I zoned out and I was waiting to here a pulse.  :duh:   Sadly, this in no lie.

Pat K

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Pat K on January 16, 2009, 09:36 PM NHFT
O-K which one of these has the Hi blood pressure?

;D

:biglaugh:   I will let you know as soon as I hear their pulse!  ;D