• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Galt's Gulch

Started by ArvinJA, January 19, 2009, 11:55 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

i agree

or another way to look at it .... you can live totally free, but that doesn't guarantee the bad guy don't do something to you anyways

Friday

Quote from: Barterer on January 23, 2009, 09:31 AM NHFT
Ok, I'll probably get my monkey-tail flamed off for being a compromising wimp, but I say go half and half.  Work part-time at a conventional job, have a plausible source of income and keep your visible assets modest. 

Then with the other half of your working hours, trade only in cash, gold, IOUs, whatever your favorite medium of exchange is.  That's your gulch; that portion of your life that is totally, privately yours. 

The frustrating think about being ancap/libertarian/voluntaryist/agorist or whatever is the impossibility of taking your entire life for yourself. I say let it go. It's putting miles on your heart and shortening your life just thinking about it, just having the frustration and futility of trying to achieve complete freedom and not being able to, because there are simply too many statist jackasses living among us. Accept it, and take what you can.
Sounds like a plan to me.

Hey, anybody notice gold is up over $40 today??   ;D   :boogie:

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: Friday on January 23, 2009, 12:14 PM NHFT

Gold doesn't go up--the dollar goes down . . .

ColdSoul

It wouldn't be cost efficient, or very effective to seek out and find one person who isn't doing anything. As far as the government is concerned if your not hurting there plan's you don't exist.

But to each there own, I think many ways have merit.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on January 23, 2009, 05:04 PM NHFT

Gold doesn't go up--the dollar goes down . . .
the dollar doesn't go down -- groceries go up

Friday

Quote from: ColdSoul on January 23, 2009, 08:58 PM NHFT
It wouldn't be cost efficient, or very effective to seek out and find one person who isn't doing anything. As far as the government is concerned if your not hurting there plan's you don't exist.

Um, you might want to check out the 552-page thread on Ed and Elaine Brown vs the Evil IRS.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Barterer on January 23, 2009, 09:31 AM NHFT
I say go half and half.  Work part-time at a conventional job, have a plausible source of income and keep your visible assets modest. 

Isn't that what John Galt did? Half the time, he lived a meager life in the corrupt world and worked a meager job at TT, and didn't even hide (well, he "hid in plain sight"), and the other half of his life he spent in the Gulch.

Hey, anybody notice gold is up over $40 today?? 

I noticed the value of gold in US$ increased dramatically recently. Yay!. I also saw that the US Dollar Index dropped over a point. Yay!

ColdSoul

Quote from: Friday on January 24, 2009, 07:27 AM NHFT
Quote from: ColdSoul on January 23, 2009, 08:58 PM NHFT

Um, you might want to check out the 552-page thread on Ed and Elaine Brown vs the Evil IRS.

I am well aware of the Brown case. I was always very interested to hear what happened in the Brown case because I am *so* against the Fed Income tax. It is very bothersome for me, and I was extremely sad that they went in and served the warrant and hauled him off to prison after he wouldn't go to their kangaroo courts. I was hoping he would be able to live forever peacefully in his home until we got the movement to a large enough scale we could back him up with huge numbers or ideally he would have been able to win his case because the Fed Income tax is unconstitutional in many ways.

But you can't compare Brown (a man who lived in town, at his house as well as someone who owned his own business and obviously had assets that the government wanted to take as well as someone who spoke out a lot about the fed's and was causing a huge amount of negative publicity while the government is in nearly full power) to someone who would be living in say 1000's of acre's of forest and trying not to be found and owns nothing accept what is on his back and what he could transport with him. Do you honestly think if I walked off into the "white mountains", Yellowstone national park or even the Canadian Boreal forest that they would use the 1000's of men, and 10,000's of man hours that it would require to find me when there is no current charges against me? I highly doubt it because it wouldn't be profitable, it wouldn't put someone who was speaking out against there cause in prison, and it also wouldn't do anything to slow their inevitable fall. At the most they would take the land that I might own in other places and everything I left behind. They might put a warrant out but since they wouldn't know where I was at they would simply "wait for me to turn up". But if it comes down to it they will most likely do these things regardless of what I am doing if I don't pay there tax money they say I owe.

Have you ever spoken with a search and rescue team member? Some of the major problems with trying to find someone in the forest is that they are moving and that they sometimes are so afraid they hide from the rescuers. Also most of the time it's civilians who are on Search and Rescue so they wouldn't be able to use the majority of their people they would have to use Fed's/Local Cops/State Cops etc and this is very expensive. Maybe you think you, I or us (Free Staters) are more important then we are, but as long as the person hiding is really "hiding" and not just staying in there house, and there isn't a monkey wrench in the Fed's plans there going to leave the one person living in the forest alone.

Since my ideal spot would be the Boreal Forest as it is 6.4 million sq. miles in size (this includes all of the Boreal forest even in Europe/Russia), so even 1/3rd the size is millions of square miles (so just the Canadian Boreal Forest). Just for reference all of North America is 9.4 million sq. miles, so your talking about trying to find someone in a forest that is as big as the entire eastern US (east of the Mississippi). Yeah that will be easy right?

As I said you keep low until they don't have a) the time or b) the resources to look for you in such a large area.

Do you even think that they would have had a easy of a time getting to Brown's if they were hiding all of NH, moving from place to place? Yes they could track them using different means, but there is also ways around all of those thing's.

The only option is to become a "two face" by saying you love the government on one side, and doing everything that makes it look like your going along with the governments plan and then to secretly fight the government with a "hidden identity" similar to what has been talked about here. They call it the "Gray Man".

http://www.survivalblog.com/2009/01/letter_re_the_gray_man_in_the.html

I think people should look and see what skills they have, what they feel comfortable with and make a choice. For some of us we don't mind the thought of living out in nature and hunting for out food daily, etc, etc. Others might think it would be better to hide in the cities and look like a normal person, going to their job and then just fight the good fight in the ways they can. There is other ways I am sure I am not thinking about. I have wanted to live in such a situation since I was a child, I enjoy the thought of having hundred's of acres around me with nobody else in them and having to depend on myself and my skills to survive.

My problem is if/when they come and decide that you messed up some silly law that has passed, or they need your land for X, Y, Z then you have your back against a rock. Where in my idea of going to the least populated area with the most forest around you possible you will be able to have more room to not deal with the government at all if it will be at all possible.

But again to each their own.