• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

PiMP My Activism: activism role-playing seminar

Started by Mike Barskey, January 19, 2009, 06:57 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Barskey

After the first PiMP session on February 21, 2009, Lauren, Kat, Russell, and I talked about our experiences in jail so others could ask questions and, hopefully, be a little less afraid when/if they face jail in the future; the unknown is always scary.

Here's the "Jail Talk" video. It's about 30 minutes.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on February 27, 2009, 12:15 PM NHFT
The real trick here is to be armed with as much knowledge of the law as possible, to be able to invoke it where needed, and then to develop an acute ability to "think on your feet."  That last probably has more possible moves than a chess game, but there must be a way to teach the basics of it.
I completely disagree.
I am not interested in learning their language and using it.
I don't look at life as a chess match.
When you beat a cop in a debate ... they might just start hurting you. If you are lucky they will say they are "just doing their job"

Russell Kanning

it is funny to think of all the various responses our friends will give the cops in pullovers, courtrooms, in jail, and on the street .... they are not very comfortable.

jaqeboy

Hey, PiMP My Activism folks. Help promote your own event AND the AltExpo in general. The latest schedule is posted at http://altexpo.org - click on tab that says AltExpo#3.

It's an all volunteer, co-operatively created event, so please help promote it so we get lots of folks on board! Please post on other forums, send out emails to your lists, etc.

We're also giving you a web page on the site so you can post info on your segment, either before or after or long after the event. I'll send Mike and Kat the info on that.

Pat K

Quote from: Mike Barskey on March 01, 2009, 09:41 AM NHFT
After the first PiMP session on February 21, 2009, Lauren, Kat, Russell, and I talked about our experiences in jail so others could ask questions and, hopefully, be a little less afraid when/if they face jail in the future; the unknown is always scary.

Here's the "Jail Talk" video. It's about 30 minutes.

Great video Mike, thanks.

Mike Barskey

PiMP My Activism has a new website! It's the same URL (PiMPMyActivism.info) but is completely redesigned. It's now functional instead of just static and informational.

The new site has a calendar to notify of future PiMP events. It also has categorized videos of PiMP scenes so those who were unable to participate in the PiMP session (as well as those who did participate!) can view the practice sessions. And each video has a threaded discussion so you can comment on the scene and discuss what went well and what might be done differently, just like we do at the live PiMP events. The site also has RSS and email notifications of new videos and/or comments.

I hope this spreads the benefits of practicing activism to people everywhere. The goals are to make the practice sessions available as an archive/resource, and to create another forum for discussing the practice sessions.