• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Free Range Kids

Started by Tom Sawyer, January 26, 2009, 12:33 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: KBCraig on January 28, 2009, 03:43 AM NHFT

My dad wisely said that all children are home-schooled;

This is so true!  My interest in reading, my ability to speak English, and the way I interact with others was all taught at home because of the examples my parents set out for me by being themselves.
I was lucky. 
I don't remember one day of school that I didn't suffer some fear of bullying from students or teachers.

cynthia

He he, I like this moniker. In my email to the committee I may insert, "My daughter is a free-range chicken and if you don't lay off we will all be bahk bahk bahking in your busy-body ear." I believe she lives(the shill who proposed the latest bill) in N. Hampton or Rye, and apparently there are people who are passing out fliers to all her neighbors to inform them of what a control-freak she is. 

Tom Sawyer

Cool... Freedom is much better than prison school.

Tom Sawyer

"Better Safe Than Sorry" is Wrong

Quote...kids need to take risks to learn to how be safe. A "Better safe than sorry" mentality doesn't promote child development, and hovering might not even keep your kids safe anyway.

Coincidental from a website with the same name as this thread.