• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Drywall Party

Started by Jim Johnson, January 27, 2009, 12:48 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

I will be giving instruction on dry wall installation and repair this Saturday afternoon.
Any one who wants to observe, learn or critique is invited.
It will be a hands on type instruction, i.e. you might get dusty.

When:   Sat. January 31st
Time:    1:00 pm
Where:  Winchester Porcmanor

Potluck about 4:00 pm.
If you don't need the instruction, come for the potluck.

TackleTheWorld

Also you might be near people wielding trowels dripping with plaster.  You know how some folks like to gesture dramatically while they talk.

Kat Kanning

dalebert

John

AntonLee

John has a period button hehe

Puke

Darn, I'll be doing improvements to my new apartment.
Sounds like a useful skill to learn though.

KBCraig

That's brilliant, Jim! I need to adapt this method to my local circumstances.

Course Title: Roofing for Beginners
Prerequisites: None
Course description: Students will learn the basics of Roofing Techniques, starting with stripping old shingles, laying new felt, and installing new shingles. Flashing will be taught on an as-needed basis. Gutters are optional with the instructor's approval, and may incur an additional course fee.
Course requirements: Hammer or Whammer. Students may earn full credit at an accelerated pace if they supply their own compressor and nail gun.
Course length: approximately 24 hours, or less for students on the accelerated program.
Fees: $20 plus the cost of materials (approximately $60 per square).

;D

Tom Sawyer

We will be part of the fun. :)

Mike Barskey

I'll have no need to drywall for a long while, but it's great info to have. But more importantly: check out the crowd that will be attending! I can't miss hanging out with y'all! I'll be there. Thanks for hosting.

Kat Kanning

I suspect the "training" is just a ruse!  ;D

Mike Barskey

A ruse?! Is it a scam? A trap? is he going to seal us all inside his walls, like in The Cask of Amontillado? :)

dalebert

Did Tom Sawyer plan this out after that infamous fence white-washing party?

Kat Kanning

I bet you're right!  It's a conspiracy.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: KBCraig on January 28, 2009, 04:00 AM NHFT
That's brilliant, Jim! I need to adapt this method to my local circumstances.

Course Title: Roofing for Beginners
Prerequisites: None
Course description: Students will learn the basics of Roofing Techniques, starting with stripping old shingles, laying new felt, and installing new shingles. Flashing will be taught on an as-needed basis. Gutters are optional with the instructor's approval, and may incur an additional course fee.
Course requirements: Hammer or Whammer. Students may earn full credit at an accelerated pace if they supply their own compressor and nail gun.
Course length: approximately 24 hours, or less for students on the accelerated program.
Fees: $20 plus the cost of materials (approximately $60 per square).

;D

I was on my way up until you asked for money.   :D