• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Drywall Party

Started by Jim Johnson, January 27, 2009, 12:48 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

b vitamin shots? sounds  lovely

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 31, 2009, 04:47 PM NHFT
I was goona come with Tony cause I haven't had a sheetrocking lesson in years, but, alas I had to attend a meeting :'(
I hope there will be more lessons in the future preferably when I'm on my way to CT or returning.

Let us know when you will be passing through, we can always have a drywall education camp.   :)

Friday

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on January 31, 2009, 09:34 AM NHFT
Quote from: Friday on January 31, 2009, 09:17 AM NHFT
:coffee: I'm feeling too lethargic to mess with drywall.  Or to cook all the food I bought to prepare a potluck dish.  Or to clean the kitchen, which would be a necessary prerequisite to being able to cook anything.  Or to spend four hours driving.   :P  Guess I'll catch the next exciting installment of "This Old Barn" starring Jiminator.

Alright, I'll save your bottle of CA Champagne for next time.   :)
awwww... thanks!   :occasion14:

Friday

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 31, 2009, 03:26 PM NHFT
I'm sitting here kind of melancholy, wondering why Friday has forsaken us.  :'(
I wonder that too.  Seriously, I've become so antisocial it's a little disturbing.  I'm afraid I'm becoming "bushy".  According to a book I read about a guy who spent a year in Alaska, that's the term they use for someone who has spent a little too much time alone in the bush and has become a little... off.  And let's face it, I wasn't all that "on" to begin with.   :P  I think when I buy a house I need to rent out at least one room to another Free Stater so I'll have someone to interact with in more than meows and squeaks.   

Hope y'all had fun!!

Friday

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 31, 2009, 05:04 PM NHFT
b vitamin shots? sounds  lovely
What he means by that is he drops a vitamin pill into a shot glass.   ;)

K. Darien Freeheart

The libertarian kittehs not doing it for ya anymore?  :'(

TackleTheWorld

Thank you to everyone who helped - I mean got valuable experience with drywall repairs.  I hope everyone was sufficiently instructed/fed/amused at the party.  Highlights included the tour of the dungeon conducted by president William, the demonstration of the trapeze apparatus (apparently it can hold up a sheet of drywall too), and the last appearance of Mike's salsa for a while.

Hey! I heard Varrin is paying cash for drywall repair.  You can use Jim and I as references.

dalebert

I managed to dabble a bit in everything and harass Roger for being too thorough.  ;D

Pat K

Sorry I missed it.
Glad all had a good time.

Kat Kanning

Hey Pat, poor Jim is going to need a LOT of help from you!  He can't extend his middle finger and will need lots of practice and advice from an expert.

Lloyd Danforth

What the Hell did he do to himself now?

Pat K

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 02, 2009, 03:49 PM NHFT
Hey Pat, poor Jim is going to need a LOT of help from you!  He can't extend his middle finger and will need lots of practice and advice from an expert.

I will write up a training regime tonight.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Pat K on February 02, 2009, 03:58 PM NHFT

You're a true hero!

Lloyd, it is from the same injury - the broken arm.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Pat K on February 02, 2009, 03:58 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 02, 2009, 03:49 PM NHFT

Master K... All I ask, is to have the fastest middle finger this side of Long Island.

Mike Barskey

I did have fun and was well fed and amused. And I learned about drywalling. And I screwed up some of your drywall. :( Thanks for the event!