• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Mike Barskey arrested 02-01-09

Started by Coconut, February 01, 2009, 12:06 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

I agree with you Barskey, but for me I would rather fight having government id than guns. It does make sense to stand on principles not public opinion.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Russell Kanning on February 06, 2009, 07:21 AM NHFT
...for me I would rather fight having government id than guns.

On one hand, I realize we each have our own priorities: for you it might govt ID and for me it might be gun rights. We can each choose our own path and many issues will be dealt with simultaneously.

On the other hand, I don't know what my priority is. :) I can't even decide which I think is more important between not having to show govt ID and not having to show govt gun permit (though I'm leaning toward the govt ID issue). Then there are all the other issues: right to ingest drugs, property rights (i.e., right to carry a bottle in my car), etc. We're slaves on so many levels, regarding so many issues, it's tough to decide which battle to fight.

And, of course, this particular battle came to me. I mean, I chose to not register or license when I drove so I chose that fight, but I was carrying a gun perfectly legally and the govt attacked me for it.

There's a lot to think about. Thanks for your opinions, everyone. Please keep 'em coming, and I hope to talk to y'all about it in person when I see you.

Lumpy

Quote from: Mike Barskey on February 06, 2009, 08:43 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on February 06, 2009, 07:21 AM NHFT
...for me I would rather fight having government id than guns.

On one hand, I realize we each have our own priorities: for you it might govt ID and for me it might be gun rights. We can each choose our own path and many issues will be dealt with simultaneously.

On the other hand, I don't know what my priority is. :) I can't even decide which I think is more important between not having to show govt ID and not having to show govt gun permit (though I'm leaning toward the govt ID issue). Then there are all the other issues: right to ingest drugs, property rights (i.e., right to carry a bottle in my car), etc. We're slaves on so many levels, regarding so many issues, it's tough to decide which battle to fight.

And, of course, this particular battle came to me. I mean, I chose to not register or license when I drove so I chose that fight, but I was carrying a gun perfectly legally and the govt attacked me for it.

There's a lot to think about. Thanks for your opinions, everyone. Please keep 'em coming, and I hope to talk to y'all about it in person when I see you.

Man I hate being out of state because I can't show up...  but I can do what I can from here.  How about www.letterz-to-da-freakin'-"judge".com?  Seeing as YOU are not able to write or contact a judge (as we are reminded in Ian's "couch-enforcement" case and all others)...  I'm thinking that one of us or myself ought to take old judge Jerk Burke out for lunch as an investment in our future as well as his...  if that makes sense.
Yeah, we were bummed by them stealing your money, etc. but we also are not in your shoes and very well might do the same thing...  nah, I'm too much of an a$$ hole to let them win, even if in solitary...  I think... we'll find out if and when they get me :shithitsthefan:...  but moreover, I'm happy and Aubern is happy you are free.  Admittedly, we were in tears when the process of freedom loss was becoming more evident.  It was really good to hear you call into Free Talk Live too.  They (the evil ones) put so many threats of taking your lives from you and all of us, and bodily harm, etc..  Sure it goes without saying but damn if I'm going to ever shut up about squat...  as many of y'all know.  Mike, go with your heart.  Remember what it was that first made you make the decision to do and be what you are, the principles you stand for, etc.  With that, nobody can ever defeat you and you are more powerful than any so called judge, if by bench or in this forum.  You are a hero and you damn well better know it.  I keep on agreeing with Russell on nearly everything...  actually I don't think I have found anything I disagree with him on yet.  It is a lot to think about and it seems focusing on the govt id thing makes sense as wel all know that the other stuff will be dismissed because it's such bullshirt and an embarassed cop sits peeing his pants hoping that he doesn't get on our stage again. 
Mike, you are a hero but the only one you gotta be secure with is you brother.  We all back you up, or we damn well better.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Mike Barskey on February 06, 2009, 08:43 AM NHFT
On the other hand, I don't know what my priority is. :) I can't even decide which I think is more important between not having to show govt ID and not having to show govt gun permit (though I'm leaning toward the govt ID issue).

You don't have to show a government gun license in NH, it just has to be on record so that they may look it up and detain you if you don't have it on you (or want to show it).  Once they confirm that you have a carry license, they can no longer detain you for that.

Mike Barskey

Thanks for the encouragement, Lumpy.

Quote from: Lumpy on February 06, 2009, 10:51 AM NHFT
Remember what it was that first made you make the decision to do and be what you are, the principles you stand for, etc.  With that, nobody can ever defeat you and you are more powerful than any so called judge...

This is important. I know it, but I lose sight of it sometimes when my fear blinds me. When govt aggression get strong or scary, I get lost in the chasm between choosing to live via my principles, and choosing to just live. At least, that's what it seems at the time. I'm fairly certain that the govt won't kill me or disappear me forever, but it feels like it when I'm scared, and then I find it difficult to choose to live via my principles.

But when all is said and done, I'll live and I'll and learn.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Radical and Stuff on February 06, 2009, 10:58 AM NHFT
You don't have to show a government gun license in NH, it just has to be on record so that they may look it up and detain you if you don't have it on you (or want to show it).  Once they confirm that you have a carry license, they can no longer detain you for that.

Thanks for the clarity, but it doesn't affect principle at all, as far as I can see. Whether they look up their permit for me in their database or whether they demand that I have it on my person, it still means that they're demanding to give their permission for me to possess my gun. In fact, in either case, they're more than demanding - they're threatening, as usual.

Fluff and Stuff

As long as you opening carry the gun you are fine.  Maybe you can make a gun rack outside your car and put a gun on it?

Giggan

I don't know the circumstances surrounding your gun charge (my apologies if you posted them and I missed it), but if your gun was openly carried, loaded or not, outside of a vehicle, I'd say fight the charge. If your gun was unloaded in a vehicle, concealed or not, I say fight the charge.

If it was loaded in a car, while I don't agree with it, their law backs them up there.

I wouldn't recommend you say anything further on here about your manner of carrying since what you post can be used against you.

Mike Barskey

Tackle and Facilitator came up with another verse to Sam's song:

Best take off your chapeau, Joe
Best take off your chapeau
Or to jail you will go, Joe

Crocker's here to preside, guys
Crocker's here to preside
She knows when to close her eyes, guys

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: Mike Barskey on February 19, 2009, 08:11 AM NHFT

That covers Jesse--how about Charlie?:

It's the victim's own fault, Walt.
It's the victim's own fault.
We'll just yell out, "That's assault!" Walt
And call it the victim's own fault.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: bile on February 02, 2009, 12:19 PM NHFT
Jesse and Charlie have been let out. February 25th is their court date.

Anyone know what time?

neggy

is it me or do those lyrics look like they'd fit perfectly if sung to the melody of
"Look What they've done to my song"  from the late 60's IIRC

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: neggy on February 19, 2009, 05:33 PM NHFT
is it me or do those lyrics look like they'd fit perfectly if sung to the melody of
"Look What they've done to my song"  from the late 60's IIRC

It's to "Tie Me Kangaroo Down," actually.  It takes too much tweaking to fit them to "LWTDtMS,M."  (And no, it can't be sung to "The Ballad of Gilligan's Island" . . .)

cxxguy

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on February 19, 2009, 10:46 AM NHFT

I think you need to make the last line match the first.  Tried singing it as quoted, and nearly bit my tongue off.  ;->

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: cxxguy on February 27, 2009, 10:04 PM NHFT
Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on February 19, 2009, 10:46 AM NHFT

I think you need to make the last line match the first.  Tried singing it as quoted, and nearly bit my tongue off.  ;->

Yes, you do have to "tuck" the "call it" part.
Could  be worse.  Last night I wrote one that rhymed "I am sure" with "New Hampshire."  That'll probably get my artistic license suspended . . .