• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Mike Barskey arrested 02-01-09

Started by Coconut, February 01, 2009, 12:06 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Lumpy

It was about 1:35 AM here in Michigan when we called Amherst PD.  We are still in Michigan taking care of Aubern's mother's estate.  Officer "Berry" (not the arresting officer) finally came to the phone after the dispatcher or secretary or someone, answerd the phone.  We asked him some very important questions about follwing orders...  questions, I believe Jim Johnson would be proud of.  He would not let me speak, was rude, kept telling me that "he's just following orders" and finally hung up on me.  He kept saying that if we wanted things to change we should use their system (oh, that works well...  a-holes) and I told him that he was more in a position to make more change as he can disobey hurtful, freedom taking orders.
I will be calling Mike's Cagers more often throughout the day, as I'm sure Aubern will as well.  Poor Mike.  We are so very sad for him, but we realize this is an opportunity to repair the damage they do by exposing the faults of their corruption.  As sad as it is we have to look at the best in every situation and see what we can as opportunity.  Mike is one of us, he is me, and I am him.  If he suffers, I suffer, we all suffer.  I'll stop ranting now.

Tom Sawyer

Sent Mike a letter via his Mail to Jail site

Referenced some quotes from Monty Python and The Big Lebowski Lebarskey.

Kat Kanning

:clap:  Way to go, Lumpy!  :)

Quote from: Lumpy on February 01, 2009, 12:15 PM NHFT
It was about 1:35 AM here in Michigan when we called Amherst PD.  We are still in Michigan taking care of Aubern's mother's estate.  Officer "Berry" (not the arresting officer) finally came to the phone after the dispatcher or secretary or someone, answerd the phone.  We asked him some very important questions about follwing orders...  questions, I believe Jim Johnson would be proud of.  He would not let me speak, was rude, kept telling me that "he's just following orders" and finally hung up on me.  He kept saying that if we wanted things to change we should use their system (oh, that works well...  a-holes) and I told him that he was more in a position to make more change as he can disobey hurtful, freedom taking orders.
I will be calling Mike's Cagers more often throughout the day, as I'm sure Aubern will as well.  Poor Mike.  We are so very sad for him, but we realize this is an opportunity to repair the damage they do by exposing the faults of their corruption.  As sad as it is we have to look at the best in every situation and see what we can as opportunity.  Mike is one of us, he is me, and I am him.  If he suffers, I suffer, we all suffer.  I'll stop ranting now.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on February 01, 2009, 12:21 PM NHFT
Sent Mike a letter via his Mail to Jail site

Referenced some quotes from Monty Python and The Big Lebowski Lebarskey.

Yeah, Tom! :clap:

FTL_Ian

Called and requested they release their political prisoner Michael Barskey.  The phone answering CO was quite confused by this request.  Perhaps I'll record the call next time - that will probably really throw him off.

FTL_Ian

Any idea as to when the arraignment is on Monday morning?  I'd like to carpool with some other Keeniacs if you guys are going.

Kat Kanning

Here's what I was thinking about for tomorrow:

Show up at 8:15 in Milford District Court to protest and attend Mike's arraignment.
About 11ish, go to Valley St. Jail and protest for an hour, assuming he's not released and is returned to VSJ.

Comments?

Kat Kanning

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on February 01, 2009, 12:27 PM NHFT
Any idea as to when the arraignment is on Monday morning? 

I don't think we can find out before tomorrow when Milford District Court opens, so was thinking about just showing up early.

TackleTheWorld

Gotta get back early, but sounds good!  We can give you a ride, Ian.

I called the
(603) 627-5614
number and asked if Mike Barskey was eating.  
He asked me how I heard he wasn't eating, was it from him? (in a dismissive manner).  What's my name?
I said he was going to answer the question, not me.
He couldn't answer. I said I'd call back.

Ryan McGuire

I just got back from Mike's place taking care of some things mike and I prearranged.

By fascist arrangement between the police and a towing company, his car has been towed back to his parking lot, both license plates have been stolen, and they left the key inside the car and the door completely unlocked. Also, they are charging him for this "service". (I took care to lock things up)

Fuckers.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Ryan McGuire on February 01, 2009, 12:40 PM NHFT
I just got back from Mike's place taking care of some things mike and I prearranged.

By fascist arrangement between the police and a towing company, his car has been towed back to his parking lot, both license plates have been stolen, and they left the key inside the car and the door completely unlocked. Also, they are charging him for this "service". (I took care to lock things up)

Fuckers.

Bah, who needed those CA plates anyway?  Maybe when he gets out he should get one of these:
http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=14569.msg280333#msg280333

Coconut

Good job everyone responding by calling etc. It's powerful.

bile

http://jailedactivist.info/activists/mike-barskey/

I'm still working on it but it's up. If anyone has bio info on Mike please pm it to me if you think he'd be OK with it.

Kat Kanning

Mike Barskey has been a super-activists since his move to New Hampshire in 2008.  He has been tireless in his support of other activists, attending almost every event since his move from California.  He has taken the lead in several projects - he organized the fall 2008 Keene Freedom Fest and created websites for not only Freedom Fest but also nhbrassballs.com, pimpmyactivism.info and Mail-to-Jail.com, a system to easily get letters to jailed activists.  His personal website is http://mike.barskey.net/.  Plus, he's just plain funny and a nice guy!

(I'm sure lots more could be said.)