• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Mike Barskey arrested 02-01-09

Started by Coconut, February 01, 2009, 12:06 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

K. Darien Freeheart

Both my wife and I wish Mike, his family and hist friends the best.

Activism like his, Kat's, Ian's and Lauren's are making us miss New Hampshire all the more.

See you guys this spring...

Daien

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on February 01, 2009, 12:21 PM NHFT
Referenced some quotes from Monty Python and The Big Lebowski Lebarskey.

Oh, Tom, The Big Lebarskey . . . you're hilarious! He'll love that.

Friday

Sorry if I overlooked them somewhere, but I never saw the actual Porc411 messages posted.  Is it Mike's intention to not post bail?  And is it also his intention to do a hunger strike?

Kat Kanning

The Porc 411 calls are posted on http://jailedactivist.info/activists/mike-barskey/.  He said he wouldn't post bail.  Of course he could always change his mind.  I can't see Barskey fasting...I think Lauren's just tweaking the Valley Street screws.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: kellie on February 01, 2009, 10:10 AM NHFT
I called the jail. I haven't done this before and so I probably wasn't as effective in asking questions as I could have been. I got only vague answers. Perhaps someone has some tips on what kind of questions are the most effective in getting info.
everyone will get different answers .... each call is helpful :)

Russell Kanning

we can ask if the big lebarsky is getting his usual sunday evening roasted duck under  glass meal ..... he is after all innocent until proven guilty of being an enemy of  the state right?

Kat Kanning

So, since there was no comment....

Milford District Court "Free Mike" Demonstration 8:15 am 2-2-09
Valley St. Jail "Free Mike" Demonstration 11ish 2-2-09

...supposed to be warmish tomorrow.

iSkye

Called the jail again. I was hoping to get a different person/answer this time, but unfortunately I hanged up the phone left without any information once again. What the heck! Anybody else has been experiencing the same?

I would like to remind you all to please send your letters to Mike via http://www.mail-to-jail.com. I'm certain he will appreciate every single letter he receives.

dalebert

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on February 01, 2009, 12:31 PM NHFT
Gotta get back early, but sounds good!  We can give you a ride, Ian.

Can I ride with also?

Never mind that. It appears we have too many people for one carload anyway so I'll be driving as well. I'm taking Jesse and Richard with room for one more, possibly Cooper. If Jim and Lauren have space, there may be one or more others that want to go from Keene.

iSkye

Oh man, I wish I can teleport myself there tomorrow!

Is anybody going to video record?

TackleTheWorld

Anyone other Keeniacs want a ride?  If so, we can bring the high-capacity vehicle.   But we have to return by 3.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: iSkye on February 01, 2009, 10:22 PM NHFT
Oh man, I wish I can teleport myself there tomorrow!

Is anybody going to video record?

At least three people will... and possibly twenty.    ;)

Kat Kanning

I'm also bringing postcards + stamps so he can get mail tomorrow. :)

dalebert

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on February 01, 2009, 10:32 PM NHFT
Anyone other Keeniacs want a ride?  If so, we can bring the high-capacity vehicle.   But we have to return by 3.

Would we all be able to fit? I was going to bring Jesse & Richard and possibly Cooper though I haven't heard if he's going yet.