• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

2 Arrests made at Barskey Arraignment

Started by Coconut, February 02, 2009, 09:42 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

So did you guys have to pay bail or promise to show up for court?  Did you have to fingerprint and all that?

Coconut

Quote from: AnarchoJesse on February 02, 2009, 03:44 PM NHFT
Quote from: Coconut on February 02, 2009, 03:42 PM NHFT
To jesse and/or Charlie: Are you available tonight for an interview for FreeKeene? Obviously Jesse can feel free to post his own if that's easiest, since he's a blogger.

I'd rather be interviewed, if you don't mind. I already had a blog project I as already working on, and todays ordeal has left me wiped. I would rather just take a bong hit and talk about it.

PM me your address if you want me there (also when). Is Charlie on the forums? how do I contact him?

AnarchoJesse

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 02, 2009, 03:47 PM NHFT
So did you guys have to pay bail or promise to show up for court?  Did you have to fingerprint and all that?

They forced Charlies' and I's hands open to take the finger prints. I had my wrist squeezed and fingers pried up.

I didn't quite promise to show up to court, but I figured I'd be there. Don't want them hauling me off when I have a female guest up for Liberty Forum.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 02, 2009, 03:34 PM NHFT
I think Lauren just asked for it from the fed courthouse and they gave it to her, no 91a.

91a is state.  I'm guessing the feds do what they want.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on February 02, 2009, 03:30 PM NHFT
A 91a action can be filed for tapes from any video camera in the building at the time of the incident.

By anyone?  Or just Charlie?

Lloyd Danforth

I'm guessing anyone who has what the legal types call 'standing' ( I think) in the matter.  Charlie certainly appears too have it.

Kat Kanning

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 02, 2009, 04:01 PM NHFT
I bet he could just ask for the tapes.

They are definitely using a digital system.  It should likely be on a DVD.  Will they hand it over for no charge?

Ogre

Interesting that they used force to get fingerprints in this case, but have let Mike refuse them.  Are these different organizations?

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: Ogre on February 02, 2009, 04:33 PM NHFT
Interesting that they used force to get fingerprints in this case, but have let Mike refuse them.  Are these different organizations?

One of them is different, but the other one is not.
(Hey, it makes as much sense as any other bureaucratese I've ever heard . . .)

Jared

dalebert

Quote from: AnarchoJesse on February 02, 2009, 03:44 PM NHFT
Quote from: Coconut on February 02, 2009, 03:42 PM NHFT
To jesse and/or Charlie: Are you available tonight for an interview for FreeKeene? Obviously Jesse can feel free to post his own if that's easiest, since he's a blogger.

I'd rather be interviewed, if you don't mind. I already had a blog project I as already working on, and todays ordeal has left me wiped. I would rather just take a bong hit and talk about it.

Jesse, a lady from The Milford Cabinet contacted me to get details of the event and I suggested she talk to you and Charlie directly. I've already contacted Charlie. I texted her email to Johnny Ray.

Ogre

No, I'm just asking about the fingerprinting so I can know what to expect when I'm arrested.  I'm planning for zero cooperation, so it doesn't really matter what they do to me, I'm just wondering.

dalebert

My email to the Milford Cabinet:

Hi Daymond,

I've contacted both victims and passed on your email so I hope you get
their stories. However, I would like to make one sort of editorial
comment as an observer about what happened today.

However silly one may feel Jesse's refusal to remove his hat on "moral" grounds may be, I hope your readers keep in mind that he was arrested and charged with a crime over a hat. The actions of law enforcers today would seem quite a bit sillier if they weren't actually such a sad statement about what we call a system of justice. I hope people will bear in mind that he was shown absolutely no leniency over a particularly silly rule and that the disruption in court was not caused by him or his hat. The disruption was caused by their decision to arrest him over it rather than tolerate this rather small assertion of his right to control his own physical body.

Please feel free to quote me on that if you like.

Daien

Quote from: dalebert on February 02, 2009, 05:32 PM NHFT
My email to the Milford Cabinet:

Hi Daymond,

I've contacted both victims and passed on your email so I hope you get
their stories. However, I would like to make one sort of editorial
comment as an observer about what happened today.

However silly one may feel Jesse's refusal to remove his hat on
"moral" grounds may be, I hope your readers keep in mind that he was
arrested and charged with a crime over a hat. There actions would seem
quite a bit more silly if they weren't actually such a sad statement
about what we call a system of justice. I hope people will bear in
mind that he was shown absolutely no leniency over a particularly
silly rule and that the disruption in court was not caused by him or
his hat. The disruption was caused by their decision to arrest him
over it rather than tolerate this rather small assertion of his right
to control his own physical body.

Please feel free to quote me on that if you like.

Right on, Dale!