• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

2 Arrests made at Barskey Arraignment

Started by Coconut, February 02, 2009, 09:42 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Coconut

Daien

Quote from: Coconut on February 02, 2009, 06:45 PM NHFT
Interview with Jesse
Great interview. And what struck me was the fact that they were apparently arraigned after Mike, but both got court dates almost three weeks earlier.

dalebert

I sent them a cleaned up version and updated my post to show the cleaned up version that was resent.

ColdSoul

Quote from: Libertine on February 02, 2009, 06:55 PM NHFT
Quote from: Coconut on February 02, 2009, 06:45 PM NHFT
Interview with Jesse
Great interview. And what struck me was the fact that they were apparently arraigned after Mike, but both got court dates almost three weeks earlier.

This is very typical of the court system, you see they are both "free" while mike is "locked up" so they don't care how long mike has to wait, while they want to get the "free" people back to court quickly to a) extract money or b) lock them up. I use to wonder about why some of the kids locked up at my old place would spend 2 months between court dates to go into the court for 5 minutes to have the judge just make a new date for another month or 2 down the line. Due to this a lot of the kids would plead guilty just so they could start "serving their time".

It's really sad, and just a way to make the people who "get on their bad side" suffer.

curt

HERE is the statute on disorderly conduct.

I don't think it applies if you read it closely, from what I understand of what happened.

If not wearing a hat is a court rule, and the judge ordered them to take their hats off and they refused, then I think they could have been nailed for contempt of court, and given a summary trial and sentence, as happened with Ian when he didn't sit down fast enough.

Coconut

Quote from: curt on February 02, 2009, 07:58 PM NHFT

Welcome to the NH Free forums, my favorite detractor.

Giggan

Quote from: curt on February 02, 2009, 07:58 PM NHFT

I don't think it applies if you read it closely, from what I understand of what happened.

If not wearing a hat is a court rule, and the judge ordered them to take their hats off and they refused, then I think they could have been nailed for contempt of court, and given a summary trial and sentence, as happened with Ian when he didn't sit down fast enough.

Agreed. I don't see these charges going anywhere. What I'm most focused on is what prompted the dude to attack Charlie. Not taking the NOLO option was wise on their part, because then if you wanted to look into the attack further, they could say, 'you already pled to having been disorderly'.

Tom Sawyer

What apparently happened to Charlie, I feel is a strong incident to capitalize on. Do we have any information regarding the bullies names. The pretext of him assaulting the cops as the excuse to attack him, sounds pretty weak especially because they didn't charge him with assault.

FTL_Ian

I asked the prosecutor his name and have now forgotten.  If you call they might say who was on duty yesterday:
Phone : (603) 673-2900
Hours : Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm

I know Jesse remembers the cop's name...

COG

Does anyone know if they allowed to have a jury trial ?

Russell Kanning

Quote from: AnarchoJesse on February 02, 2009, 03:49 PM NHFT
They forced Charlies' and I's hands open to take the finger prints. I had my wrist squeezed and fingers pried up.
that is the first time one of us has been forced to fingerprint besides the feds.
I think it was based on how mad they were with you guys and how free they felt that could be to abuse you a little more.

dalebert

Quote from: COG on February 03, 2009, 05:54 AM NHFT

Class A misdemeanors with the potential for up to a year jail time, so I believe so.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: dalebert on February 03, 2009, 08:21 AM NHFT
Quote from: COG on February 03, 2009, 05:54 AM NHFT

Class A misdemeanors with the potential for up to a year jail time, so I believe so.

No, they can't.

Lloyd Danforth

91a the tapes before they are gone.  Sue.  Win.  Use the money to continue the fight.

dalebert

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 03, 2009, 08:29 AM NHFT
No, they can't.

I know the judge didn't tell them anything about it, but I thought they could. I heard this regarding Andrew's case and I thought it was one of the reasons why they dropped his charge down to a class B.