• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

2 Arrests made at Barskey Arraignment

Started by Coconut, February 02, 2009, 09:42 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on February 03, 2009, 09:25 AM NHFT
91a the tapes before they are gone.  Sue.  Win.  Use the money to continue the fight.

I think Sam would like to get in touch with Charlie.  What's the best way to do that?

Kat Kanning

dalebert

Jesse and Charlie failed The Slave Test which simply means they have effectively demonstrated the nature of our slave society. We have to realize we are being enslaved before we'll feel moved to do something about it and they did their part to wake people up to that fact. I'm going to write another blog post about what happened yesterday. It's such an excellent example for demonstrating the fallacious nature of the court's claim to authority.

Daien

Quote from: dalebert on February 03, 2009, 11:24 AM NHFT
Jesse and Charlie failed The Slave Test which simply means they have effectively demonstrated the nature of our slave society. We have to realize we are being enslaved before we'll feel moved to do something about it and they did their part to wake people up to that fact. I'm going to write another blog post about what happened yesterday. It's such an excellent example for demonstrating the fallacious nature of the court's claim to authority.

I read the post, Dale, that was beautifully and clearly written.

dalebert

Thanx, Libertine. I have a new post up today.

Imprisoned Over a Hat
February 3rd, 2009

Two of my friends were arrested yesterday. One was arrested for refusing to comply with a rule to remove his hat. The other was arrested for asking questions about the rule. They both failed The Slave Test.

I'm already anticipating the apoligists for the tyrants, those who will defend the violent enforcement of this arguably trivial matter. It's silly, right? I ask, which is sillier? Refusing to obey a rule about trivial items of clothing on your own body or putting someone in a cell for said trivial item of personal clothing? When the judge asked for Jesse's specific religious reason, he said he refused on moral grounds and that morality and religion are one and the same to him.

(Read on...)

dalebert

I took the photo. Left to right it's Ian Freeman- host of Free Talk Live radio, Jim, Kat Kanning- editor of NH Free Press, Richard, Lauren Canario, and Charlie. When I don't give last names, it's because I'm unsure. Charlie was the one arrested merely for asking questions about the hat rule outside the courtroom. You might be able to get his name from the court.

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Daymond Steer wrote:
> Can you ID the people in the picture from left to right so we can add a
> caption. And also who took the photo.

I included last names for people who I know them for and who are public figures already. If you are in the pic and want to flesh out the information, PM me and I'll give you her email.

Daien

Quote from: dalebert on February 03, 2009, 01:34 PM NHFT
Thanx, Libertine. I have a new post up today.

Imprisoned Over a Hat
February 3rd, 2009

Stunning, Dale, thanks for posting the link.

Kat Kanning

dalebert

Dave Ridley

if i can have permission from charlie or jesse to give out their nubers to the media i can inform channel 9

also dale can i give your number to them as well?

dalebert

Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

My comment to the article... let's see if it gets approved.
QuoteInteresting that the article doesn't mention that Charlie Gerlach was slammed against a wall. Also the bailiffs yelled at him "that's assault" yet he was not charged with that. Because, this is all pretext for them attacking a very slightly built young man.

The reason for the attack was him asking if there was a law regarding the knit cap. By the way he had not even entered the court room yet.

The other comments seem to assume that this intelligent young man is just some punk that deserved to be hurt for asking a question. The cops were angry at one individual and attacked another person. Not very professional behavior, not surprising they would twist the facts to cover up the assault.

dalebert

My comment on the Telegraph article

I was in the court at the time they slammed Charlie against the wall for asking questions about the policy. He never even made a move to enter. We could hear his cries of pain from inside the courtroom.

Taking your hat off in court is meant to be a sign of respect for the court. It's not about security. We'd all been through a metal detector and screened by security already. The court is meant to be presented as a kind of hallowed ground. Jesse refusing to take his hat off was absolutely a form of free speech, his expression of his own belief that a court that prosecutes peaceful people for victimless crimes does not deserve to be recognized as hallowed ground.

And Charlie was merely asking questions. He wasn't even trying to engage in an act of civil disobedience. Both Jesse and Charlie are adults and moved to NH as participants in the Free State Project.