• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

2 Arrests made at Barskey Arraignment

Started by Coconut, February 02, 2009, 09:42 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Barskey

The arrests of Charlie and Jesse disgust me more than any of my own situation(s). I will be there to support them. I hope Charlie is physically OK. Is he on the forums? Can anyone confirm his physical well-being now? I'll also call Winch. Porc Manor and ask.

shyfrog

I have always found it interesting, especially now after reading Dale's blog about "fragile foundation of contrived symbols" the courts are built on, that the western world tradition of removing a hat when entering a building has it's foundation in judeo-christian religious dogma. 

By extension and ascribing to certain scriptural references my long hair has also always been a symbol of rebellion to those who cleave to this particular tradition. Head coverings are to be removed by men when entering hallowed ground (hey, at least they don't make us remove our shoes, right?). And long hair on a man is considered offensive because it cannot be removed. But long hair on a woman was considered righteous.

Sounds sexist as well because by tradition women were never expected to remove their hats or coverings.

Etiquette is all over the Bible, Koran, and other scriptures. It is about controlling behavior and demanding obedience. Talk about a fragile foundation of contrived symbols.

What is lacking from these traditions (and the arrests) is any common sense.

KBCraig

Sounds like it's time to break out the burkhas.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on February 05, 2009, 08:29 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on February 05, 2009, 08:19 AM NHFT
should people bring hats for the arraignment?
they could be taken off in respect for the milford 2

Who's bald?  That, or willing to depile?  Paint a piquant phrase on the pate, and then ask if they're sure they want you to remove the hat.
Or perhaps better, as just occurred to me, several people could paint a single letter or word on the forehead, wear hats pulled down low, and then sit in proper order so that, when headgear is removed, the phrase could be read.

You know what's cool about this post?  If the cops read it, they won't even understand what Sam A. has in mind.  :D

Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on February 06, 2009, 01:05 PM NHFT
Hat spat leads to arrests

http://www.cabinet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090205/BREAKING/902059989

Updated version of the story... I have more respect for the writer of the article, appears to have tried to include the attack aspect.

Mike Barskey

they got my part wrong. The cops did not charge me with "carrying a loaded handgun without a license" on Jan 2. They issued a warrant for my arrest for that charge, but they never charged me with it until they dragged me from jail to my arraignment on 2/2/09.

AnarchoJesse

They got several parts wrong, but this shouldn't surprise us-- it is a copy paste of the Nashua Telegraph article.

Sam A. Robrin

Given the current situation with Pe--I mean, John Doe--I thought a b.u.m.p. of this thread might prove instructive if enough people could see and analyze the information it provides.

Sam A. Robrin

That thread title needs an adjustment to prevent toxic adrenaline rushes....  Hope what I just did accomplishes that.

Sam A. Robrin

It didn't.  Could a moderater kindly change that to something along the lines of: "TWO YEARS AGO: 2 Arrests Made at Barskey Arraignment" so no one gets a heart attack, or has to answer questions about "What's Barskey done NOW?"  Thanx!

John

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on January 26, 2011, 07:53 AM NHFT
That thread title needs an adjustment to prevent toxic adrenaline rushes.... 

Yup! That gets me started!

dalebert

A better tactic might be to start a new thread and link to the old thread in the first post with suggestions to review it.