• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Kellogg to drop Phelps Over Bong Photo

Started by thinkliberty, February 05, 2009, 08:06 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

ColdSoul

I will more likely boycott Phelp's for not standing up and saying he has the right to smoke pot. Oh wait I don't care about Phelps and never did and couldn't care about his silly gold medals any less.

but KB has a good point about the founder of the company and his strange idea's about health.

dalebert

dalebert

I added the Friday comic to the Michael Phelps blog post.

Click to View

John Edward Mercier

Quote from: KBCraig on February 06, 2009, 03:25 PM NHFT
I like Balko's response:

QuoteThis would be the same company that for decades has been encouraging children to start the day by inhaling sugar by the spoonful. It's also the company that still proudly bears the name of the man who advocated yogurt enemas and pouring carbolic acid on the clitoris to prevent women from experiencing sexual pleasure.

He's mixing the two brothers together.
Will Kellogg is the founder of Battle Creek Toasted Corn Flake Company... the brothers split because Will felt the addition of sugar would do no harm, and help sell the product better.

KBCraig

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on February 07, 2009, 09:32 AM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on February 06, 2009, 03:25 PM NHFT
I like Balko's response:

QuoteThis would be the same company that for decades has been encouraging children to start the day by inhaling sugar by the spoonful. It's also the company that still proudly bears the name of the man who advocated yogurt enemas and pouring carbolic acid on the clitoris to prevent women from experiencing sexual pleasure.

He's mixing the two brothers together.
Will Kellogg is the founder of Battle Creek Toasted Corn Flake Company... the brothers split because Will felt the addition of sugar would do no harm, and help sell the product better.

They were co-inventors of corn flakes, and were partners in the Battle Creek Sanitarium where such things were taught and carried out.

John Edward Mercier

True, but sexual theory was John's idea... while the sugar with corn flakes was Will's.
And John had no affiliation with what we call Kellogg's today.

The two seem remotely different with Will more business-orientated, and John taking the temperance of the Adventist movement to an extreme.

dalebert

It's been dugg finally. This post generated a HUGE spike in traffic for AIYH and over 20 comments now.

http://digg.com/political_opinion/Shame_On_You_Michael_Phelps

jaqeboy

Maybe add a listing to http://dontpatronize.info - "Which businesses are naughty and nice"

Quote from: thinkliberty on February 05, 2009, 08:06 PM NHFT
http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local/story/Kellogg-to-drop-Phelps/Lj2GJ_wW0UCJ3dzEEpI8Ww.cspx

Phelps is going to be dropped by Kellogg over the bong photo.

I am going boycott Kellogg over it.

Here is a list of the Kellogg brands I won't be buying: Kellogg's®, Keebler®, Pop-Tarts®, Eggo®, Cheez-It®, Nutri-Grain®, Special K®, Rice Krispies®, Murray®, Austin®, Morningstar Farms®, Famous Amos®, Carr's®, Plantation®, Ready Crust®, Worthington®, Loma Linda® & Stretch Island® Fruit Leather