• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

looking for friends in Durham

Started by freeman4liberty, February 12, 2009, 03:40 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

freeman4liberty

Hello, 

I think I've had enough.  I'm mentally in a place where I'm ready to make the move to NH.  I just have to serve out my work contract here, where I live now.  I'm considering self-employing myself in NH, and this will be easiest to do if I live near the University.

So I am looking for someone to talk to.   Someone that will answer my questions about Durham.  Also if you are involved with home school in Durham or know about UNH I would really like to drum up a friendly E-mail conversation with you. 

I don't check this message board often, but I will make a point to check it next week. 

Thanks in advance.

If this is in the wrong region please let me know.

MaineShark

I'm not in Durham, but Northwood is fairly close.

Joe

Recumbent ReCycler

I work at UNH-Durham, and would be happy to chat with you about UNH and Durham.

sgtusmc

MTPorcupine3

I'm just 20 miles from Durham. Durham, North Carolina, that is. I'll be headed back to the Shire in Spring.

freeman4liberty

Thanks to every one who responded.  You should have received a private message from me.

Anybody else? 

shiva888

I've lived about 10 minutes from durham for most of the last 14 years. Feel free to contact me if you have questions.

~shiva

MaineShark

Quote from: shiva888 on February 18, 2009, 09:31 AM NHFTI've lived about 10 minutes from durham for most of the last 14 years. Feel free to contact me if you have questions.

~shiva

Off-topic: do you go by shiva777 elsewhere?  The location and name similarity would be uncanny, if not...

Joe

Daien

Quote from: MaineShark on February 19, 2009, 03:53 PM NHFT
Quote from: shiva888 on February 18, 2009, 09:31 AM NHFTI've lived about 10 minutes from durham for most of the last 14 years. Feel free to contact me if you have questions.

~shiva

Off-topic: do you go by shiva777 elsewhere?  The location and name similarity would be uncanny, if not...

Joe

I was wondering the very same thing myself . . . strange indeed . . .

Just checked, yep, same Shiva.

OferNave

Quote from: freeman4liberty on February 12, 2009, 03:40 PM NHFT
Hello, 

I think I've had enough.  I'm mentally in a place where I'm ready to make the move to NH.  I just have to serve out my work contract here, where I live now.  I'm considering self-employing myself in NH, and this will be easiest to do if I live near the University.

So I am looking for someone to talk to.   Someone that will answer my questions about Durham.  Also if you are involved with home school in Durham or know about UNH I would really like to drum up a friendly E-mail conversation with you. 

I don't check this message board often, but I will make a point to check it next week. 

Thanks in advance.

I'm moving to Dover in two months, which is the next town over from Durham (4 miles away).  I also just rented a mail box in Durham, and plan to hang out there more often after I move (love college towns).

BTW-A lot of liberty-oriented people in the Seacoast region are part of this meetup group:

http://www.meetup.com/nhseacoastliberty/

And there's a weekly social get-together on Wednesdays in Dover, similar to Taproom Tuesdays in Manchester, but for the Seacoast region.  Here's the next one:

http://www.meetup.com/nhseacoastliberty/calendar/9884040/

freeman4liberty

I'm looking forward to meeting you, OfferNave.  I won't be up there till late July/Early Aug.

Free libertarian

Quote from: OferNave on April 02, 2009, 12:32 AM NHFT
Hello, 

Thanks in advance.

I'm moving to Dover in two months, which is the next town over from Durham (4 miles away).  I also just rented a mail box in Durham, and plan to hang out there more often after I move (love college towns).

BTW-A lot of liberty-oriented people in the Seacoast region are part of this meetup group:

And there's a weekly social get-together on Wednesdays in Dover, similar to Taproom Tuesdays in Manchester, but for the Seacoast region.  Here's the next one:

So does this mean the Grafton "dogfighting ring" or "coffeeshop" or "not building a house" project is on hold? I've been working out all winter so I could heft them big ole rocks for you Ofer! Will you be known as Ofer from Dofer (Dover...sorry) now?   

OferNave

Quote from: Free libertarian on April 03, 2009, 06:50 AM NHFT
Quote from: OferNave on April 02, 2009, 12:32 AM NHFT
Hello, 

Thanks in advance.

So does this mean the Grafton "dogfighting ring" or "coffeeshop" or "not building a house" project is on hold? I've been working out all winter so I could heft them big ole rocks for you Ofer! Will you be known as Ofer from Dofer (Dover...sorry) now?   

I is broke!  Can't continue until/unless I get a real job, then hire contractors.  Last summer was fun, but if I ever want the house to actually be finished, I'm going to have to use professional builders.

As for working out... I'm sure there's no shortage of demand for free labor, especially in Grafton.  :)  Also, we might be coming up on the 17th to catch up at potluck, and then maybe try growing some crops.  That should only take a few days of work (as opposed to a house).