• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Court-cam civil dis set for March 3 Keene

Started by Dave Ridley, February 13, 2009, 02:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Coconut

hmm.

I don't want to be arrested for not standing :(

ridley seems pretty sure he's going to be an inmate. I would bet against it, especially if the turnout is good.

Dave Ridley

something that just ocurred to me, which i forgot to suggest in the note to the court...

i can always pan down while aiming at the crowd, so as to show no faces.   i may do that if there are uninvolved parties in the audience at the relevant moments.

BillKauffman

Quote from: DadaOrwell on February 26, 2009, 10:48 AM NHFT

something that just ocurred to me, which i forgot to suggest in the note to the court...

i can always pan down while aiming at the crowd, so as to show no faces.   i may do that if there are uninvolved parties in the audience at the relevant moments.

Or just show their backs not faces...

Coconut

I know that audience panning is not the subject of Dave's disobedience, but Keene Sentinel writers sit in the courtroom and take people's names down. There is no expectation or right to privacy in the courtroom.

I don't supportbreaking the audience rule for the sake of breaking it, but bending over backwards to follow it doesn't make sense either if you're expecting to be arrested anyway.

Dave Ridley

Is anyone able to print this out for me and hand it to me on march 3 before the Carroll arraignment?

---

Dear folks at Keene District Court:

Now that you've seized me, or are perhaps about to seize me, for attempting to videotape with relative freedom in your courtroom, I'd like to explain what I am and am not willing to do by way of cooperating.

It would likely be an ethical breach for me to pay you a fine, or any fine imposed against a constructive act.   I'd be directly underwritting aggression, which you would commit against others. So I can't help you there.   

I'm willing to go to jail, but cannot request that you send me there, as that would be a request to hurt taxpayers.  Also, for what it is worth, there are some questions I would refuse to answer in jail.

I'm not willing to agree to any suspended sentence, as that would require making promises I can't keep.   Suspended sentences require, if I'm not mistaken, a pledge to follow all five million words of NH law.  I cannot even begin to understand all these laws and thus cannot in good conscience promise to follow the.   I can't post bail, as that would require similar ethical breaches.

But as always, there are constructive solutions available.

I'm willing to perform community service, so long as it is more or less liberty friendly.  I'd like to perform as much of it as practical near Keene.  However I live in Manchester and spend some time in Seabrook...so the best option would appear to be an accepted type of service which can be performed anywhere in the state.  My thought would be for me to contact two or three organizations that have adopted state highways in New Hampshire....perhaps one in Keene, one in Manchester, one near the coast...  I'd be happy to perform litter pickups for each of them, on their stretch of "your" highway.

Thus everyone, even you who represent the state, benefit in some way from this attempt at "constructive disobedience."   If even the penalty is constructive, then we all win.

Yours,

Dave Ridley
Manchester

FTL_Ian

The suspended sentence in my case did not involve a pledge.  It was to be revoked upon conviction of a misdemeanor, felony, or major motor vehicle violation.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: DadaOrwell on March 01, 2009, 03:03 PM NHFT
Is anyone able to print this out for me and hand it to me on march 3 before the Carroll arraignment?

---

Dear folks at Keene District Court:

Now that you've seized me, or are perhaps about to seize me, for attempting to videotape with relative freedom in your courtroom, I'd like to explain what I am and am not willing to do by way of cooperating.

It would likely be an ethical breach for me to pay you a fine, or any fine imposed against a constructive act.   I'd be directly underwritting aggression, which you would commit against others. So I can't help you there.  

I'm willing to go to jail, but cannot request that you send me there, as that would be a request to hurt taxpayers.  Also, for what it is worth, there are some questions I would refuse to answer in jail.

I'm not willing to agree to any suspended sentence, as that would require making promises I can't keep.   Suspended sentences require, if I'm not mistaken, a pledge to follow all five million words of NH law.  I cannot even begin to understand all these laws and thus cannot in good conscience promise to follow the.   I can't post bail, as that would require similar ethical breaches.

But as always, there are constructive solutions available.

I'm willing to perform community service, so long as it is more or less liberty friendly.  I'd like to perform as much of it as practical near Keene.  However I live in Manchester and spend some time in Seabrook...so the best option would appear to be an accepted type of service which can be performed anywhere in the state.  My thought would be for me to contact two or three organizations that have adopted state highways in New Hampshire....perhaps one in Keene, one in Manchester, one near the coast...  I'd be happy to perform litter pickups for each of them, on their stretch of "your" highway.

Thus everyone, even you who represent the state, benefit in some way from this attempt at "constructive disobedience."   If even the penalty is constructive, then we all win.

Yours,

Dave Ridley
Manchester

I've printed it and will bring it to you, but perhaps others should as well in case we don't meet up in time (or I forget it!).

FTL_Ian

Are people meeting up anywhere beforehand?

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on March 02, 2009, 11:29 AM NHFT
Are people meeting up anywhere beforehand?

It would be a good idea.  I'll offer my apartment. 

FTL_Ian

Usually it's downstairs in the city building or at a nearby downtown establishment, though the apt. may work...

Coconut

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on March 02, 2009, 01:19 PM NHFT
...though the apt. may work...

That's just silly goose. We'll meet in the normal location of the city hall porch or downstairs lobby.

Signed,
The Decider

Russell Kanning

then if anyone is late ... you just head in anyways

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on March 02, 2009, 01:19 PM NHFT
Usually it's downstairs in the city building or at a nearby downtown establishment, though the apt. may work...

My apartment's where all those signs are.  Are we going to carry them outside the courthouse first, then dump them in the back of somebody's van--or what?

David

I plan to be at the courthouse no later than 8:00, possibly earlier, though i want to be in the courtroom about 8:15 or so. 

Dave Ridley