• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Parking fines being undercut by competition in Keene

Started by TackleTheWorld, February 13, 2009, 04:56 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

That's so cool!  I wonder who Robin Hood could be?

FTL_Ian

Kat Kanning

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 14, 2009, 05:51 PM NHFT
It wasn't a serious question.  ::)

I know.  I was just using it as an excuse to shamelessly plug the FK forum.   ;)

K. Darien Freeheart

I really like this idea, and as I was thinking more and more about it, it really IS competition to a so-called government "service".

As an Agorist, I figured I should spread this.

http://digg.com/world_news/Activists_Compete_With_Government_Motorists_Save_Money

neggy

I wonder if RH needs some venture capital?

Think of how much good publicity could be generated if we spent an afternoon feeding meters, and placing a little note under the wipers " your meter was fed by your friends at the Free State Project"

I'd toss a couple of rolls of quarters and a few hours of my time on a sunny afternoon just to PO the powers that be.

Kat Kanning

Kat Kanning

Oh, I also wanted to ask, does this Robin Hood disagree with Ayn Rand's vision of Robin Hood?

TackleTheWorld

Yep, every tuesday so far.
The pirate character in Atlas Shrugged wanted to kill Robin Hood because he stole from the rich, and most of the good guys in A.S. are rich.  If this Robin Hood sticks to the parking meter thing, I don't think he'll be stealing from anyone but the rich and gluttonous city government.

Russell Kanning

will any of his merry men want to be photographed for the paper? should we show their faces are just them in their outfits and doing their good deeds?

TackleTheWorld

I can guarantee a photo of a blur of green running between meters.

Kat Kanning

dalebert

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on February 28, 2009, 05:13 PM NHFT
The pirate character in Atlas Shrugged wanted to kill Robin Hood because he stole from the rich, and most of the good guys in A.S. are rich.

My understanding was that Robin Hood was fighting a corrupt sheriff who was rich off of taxation in a time of serfdom where "ordinary people" weren't allowed to own land. Maybe my version is wrong or maybe Ayn Rand didn't bother to look into it and was just going off of pop culture slogans about Robin Hood.

Pat K

Quote from: dalebert on February 28, 2009, 10:32 PM NHFT
Quote from: TackleTheWorld on February 28, 2009, 05:13 PM NHFT
The pirate character in Atlas Shrugged wanted to kill Robin Hood because he stole from the rich, and most of the good guys in A.S. are rich.

My understanding was that Robin Hood was fighting a corrupt sheriff who was rich off of taxation in a time of serfdom where "ordinary people" weren't allowed to own land. Maybe my version is wrong or maybe Ayn Rand didn't bother to look into it and was just going off of pop culture slogans about Robin Hood.

Nope your right , Dale, Ayn didn't look into things very far some times.

Kat Kanning

I think she mentions that the idea of Robin Hood she hated so much was not the original idea.