• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Parking fines being undercut by competition in Keene

Started by TackleTheWorld, February 13, 2009, 04:56 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Quote from: AntonLee on March 29, 2009, 11:47 AM NHFT
I think someone I know might look into this and see if there might be some sort of Robin Hood type event down at Hampton Beach this summer.  The Meter Fairy!

wheels spinning.  Anyone care to see a fat man in a leotard with frills, a cigar hangin' out of his mouth, and saving people from the evil parking demons?

Sounds more like Portsmouth.  ;)

AntonLee

I've been thinking that a bathrobe with wings might be better. 

Jim Johnson

Bathrobe with wings?  Nothing says, "Don't mess with me... I'm people.", like a pink tutu and a cigar.

AntonLee

I'm not afraid to wear pink. . . my girlfriend is all about trying to design this suit now.  I've gone past the point of no return now.   ;D ;D

David

Quote from: AntonLee on March 29, 2009, 10:04 PM NHFT
I'm not afraid to wear pink. . . my girlfriend is all about trying to design this suit now.  I've gone past the point of no return now.   ;D ;D
;D >:D  I would encourage you to use the Robin Hood name.  Make it a franchise.   ;)  Steal from the 'rich sheriff' and give to the poor.   ;D  Good luck on the coast. 

Kat Kanning

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: AntonLee on March 29, 2009, 09:27 PM NHFT
I've been thinking that a bathrobe with wings might be better. 

I prefer bleu cheese and hot sauce, myself . . .

AntonLee

I wouldn't think about stealing the Robin Hood of Keene gimmick.  After all, I would be copying their idea in the first place, I might as well bring a smile to someone's face as I do it. 

Free libertarian

Quote from: AntonLee on March 30, 2009, 04:40 PM NHFT
I wouldn't think about stealing the Robin Hood of Keene gimmick.  After all, I would be copying their idea in the first place, I might as well bring a smile to someone's face as I do it. 

How about a glittery/sparkling magic wand?  You gotta have one of those!

AntonLee

KBCraig

EthanLeeVita

Hehe. I did this in Dallas for someone. Only to realize that the meters don't apply at 6pm. Oh well, left them a nice note in hopes they'd return the favor(even if it was botched) for someone else.

Pat K

Would this be Robin Hood Reverse ?

Getting A Parking Ticket

The other day I went downtown to run a few errands. I went into the local coffee shop for a snack. I was only there for about 5 minutes, and when I came out, there was this cop writing out a parking ticket.

I said to him, 'Come on, man, how about giving a retired person a break'?

He ignored me and continued writing the ticket. His insensitivity annoyed me, so I called him a 'Nazi.'

He glared at me and then wrote out another ticket for having worn tires.

So I proceeded to call him a 'dough nut-eating Gestapo.' He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first.

Then he wrote a third ticket when I called him a moron in blue.

This went on for about 20 minutes. The more I talked back to him the more tickets he wrote.

Personally, I didn't really care. I came downtown on the bus, and the car that he was putting tickets on had one of those bumper stickers that said, 'Obama '08.'

I try to have a little fun each day now that I'm retired.

The doctor tells me that it's important for my health.

Mike Barskey

That's a cute story. It would have been cool if, just before walking away, the retired guy told the cop what an ass and idiot the cop had been by ticketing an innocent person for the harmless name-calling the retired guy had done.

Lloyd Danforth