• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

So I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with my trial.

Started by AnarchoJesse, February 05, 2009, 10:10 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

Do you disagree that all men are created equal?
Are police officers, being employees in/of a collectively owned building, more equal than others?

Again, not trying to set you up for bashing or anything.

BillKauffman

Quote from: Josh on February 10, 2009, 07:08 PM NHFT
Do you disagree that all men are created equal?
Are police officers, being employees in/of a collectively owned building, more equal than others?

Again, not trying to set you up for bashing or anything.

In our type of political system (constitutional limited republic with democratic elements) we "consent to" giving up some of our freedoms and delegate them to others. One of which is a monopoly on force except when used defensively. So there is no presumption of equality of force within a judicial proceeding in a collectively owned building.

Josh

Gotcha. I disagree immensely, but I now see what you mean by poly-centric vs social contract. Thanks.

Giggan

Quote from: BillKauffmanThen we allow the discretion of the judge in each courtroom for specific decorum.

Quote from: BillKauffmanIn our type of political system (constitutional limited republic with democratic elements) we "consent to" giving up some of our freedoms and delegate them to others.

I'd like to take this opportunity to proclaim that I don't include myself in that 'we', and if was ever implied that I consented, I take back that unconscious action.

Josh

Me too... but around this crowd, I think it's already assumed that we withdraw any assumed consent, unless we specifically state otherwise.

thinkliberty

Quote from: BillKauffman on February 10, 2009, 07:49 PM NHFT
In our type of political system (constitutional limited republic with democratic elements) we "consent to" giving up some of our freedoms and delegate them to others. One of which is a monopoly on force except when used defensively. So there is no presumption of equality of force within a judicial proceeding in a collectively owned building.

In your type of political system (a constitutional corporate run republic with democratic elements, those with the most cash get to make the rules.) You "consent to" giving up some of your freedoms or you are sent to prison. There is no presumption of equality of force when living within mob rule.  You will pay for collectively owned buildings or you will go to prison, even if you don't like what is being done in or with the building.

BillKauffman

Quote from: thinkliberty on February 11, 2009, 02:31 PM NHFT
Quote from: BillKauffman on February 10, 2009, 07:49 PM NHFT

There is no presumption of equality of force when living within mob rule.  

"Mob rule" is a euphemism for democracy. We don't live in a democracy.

thinkliberty

"Mob rule" can also be used as a euphemism for a constitutional republics with democratic elements, in which mobsters or mob organizations that have the most money get their rules implemented.

Examples of "mob rule" in the US include internment camps for Asians on the west coast during WW2 see: http://www.topazmuseum.org/. More current examples of "mob rule" in the US include imprisonment for anyone caught growing or touching any part of a marijuana plant. We have members of this forum that are victims of "mob rule" in the NH and we don't live in a democracy.

"Mob rule" does not only = democracy.

Giggan

?

Democracy is actually a euphemism for mob rule. I respect that you're very particular in your beliefs, and likely meant that in jest, but it messes with the meaning of mob rule and democracy by mixing that up.

All democracy is mob rule, but not all mob rule is democracy.

Free libertarian

Quote from: Giggan on February 11, 2009, 02:06 PM NHFT
Quote from: BillKauffmanThen we allow the discretion of the judge in each courtroom for specific decorum.

Quote from: BillKauffmanIn our type of political system (constitutional limited republic with democratic elements) we "consent to" giving up some of our freedoms and delegate them to others.

I'd like to take this opportunity to proclaim that I don't include myself in that 'we', and if was ever implied that I consented, I take back that unconscious action.

AMEN. 

Ogre

And I think the USA is no longer a Constitutional Republic.  I'm not sure it's a complete Democracy, because all decisions are run by cash payouts and payoffs, but there's no way it's run by the Rule of Law.

BillKauffman

Quote from: Giggan on February 11, 2009, 02:06 PM NHFT

Then we are back to arguing social contract theory vs. a system of poly-centric laws with private defense agencies and insurance.

John Edward Mercier

I can understand the SCT from the position of say a wolf pack, but how would a poly-centric system work without evolving into SCT or a lone wolf analogy?

Giggan

BillKauffman

Quote from: Giggan on February 12, 2009, 09:51 AM NHFT
I don't argue, I discuss and converse  :)

Discuss and converse away!

In court you make a legal argument with facts.

You might enjoy this one from Thomas Paine who wrote in The Rights of Man (1792):

"Great part of that order which reigns among mankind is not the effect of government. It has its origin in the principles of society and the natural constitution of man. It existed prior to government, and would exist if the formality of government was abolished. The mutual dependence and reciprocal interest which man has upon man, and all the parts of civilised community upon each other, create that great chain of connection which holds it together. The landholder, the farmer, the manufacturer, the merchant, the tradesman, and every occupation, prospers by the aid which each receives from the other, and from the whole. Common interest regulates their concerns, and forms their law; and the laws which common usage ordains, have a greater influence than the laws of government. In fine, society performs for itself almost everything which is ascribed to government."