• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

AltExpo#3 at LF09

Started by jaqeboy, February 16, 2009, 11:25 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jaqeboy

Well, in case you were wondering, we're going to do it again, and bigger and more interesting than ever:

The Alternatives Expo will have a presence on the 2nd floor of the hotel during the Liberty Forum!

If you haven't heard of us before, we present a variety of alternatives to the mainstream that you can join in on when you come to New-Hampshire - you can meet the people who are the leaders in their alt. area in New Hamps. so you can jump right in with them and hit the ground running when you get here.

Subject to finalization, we'll have presenters on:
Alternative money systems, both metal and on-line hours based,
Alternative transportaion, pedal and electric-powered,
Computer security (as an alternative to just letting the whole world read your email and HD),
Alt. building techniques,
Alt. power generation methods,
Alt. history ("he who controls the past, controls the future"),
Alt. medicine (featuring an iridology demonstration),
Alt. libertarian philosophy - getting back to our roots and our principles in action,
Alt. citizenship,
Alt. commerce methods,
Alt. living communities (eco-villages and autonomous self-governance),
Alt. education methods (featuring flash animation videos)

A whole lot more stuff - all to be posted soon.

If you've seen our site, you know we need serious web site design help, so volunteer needed there.

We'll have a suite of 3 rooms for 3 nites, so welcome your visits to the hospitality room, the presentation room and the Alt. video theater room.

We could use volunteers in some areas, so if you'd like to help, please write to volunteer@AltExpo.org!

It's going to be a great year, and remember: "Quit protesting your lack of freedom and just take it back."

John

Quote from: jaqeboy on February 16, 2009, 11:25 PM NHFTThe Alternatives Expo will have a presence on the 2nd floor of the hotel during the Liberty Forum!
If you haven't heard of us before, we present a variety of alternatives to the mainstream that you can join in on when you come to New-Hampshire - you can meet the people who are the leaders in their alt. area in New Hamps. so you can jump right in with them and hit the ground running when you get here. ....

We'll have a suite of 3 rooms for 3 nites, so welcome     ..... We could use volunteers in some areas, so if you'd like to help, please write to volunteer@AltExpo.org!

It's going to be a great year, and remember: "Quit protesting your lack of freedom and just take it back."

Alt Expo ROCKS!

Peacemaker

That's awesome Jack!  Looks like you're got a nice set up for your Alt. Expo and it's great to see you'll be featuring it at the Liberty Forum!      

John

Did I mention that I've been part of Alt Expo before (and may be again)?
Oh shucks --- if you missed it, we missed you!

Maybe you've actually been at an Alt Expo event and did not even know it.  Alt Expo has been at many of the events that you've loved! ... Liberty Forum . . . Porcupine Freedom Fest .... & the Burning Porcupine Party in Grafton.

If you missed it before, please don't miss it again. Please be a part of/help create the peaceful future.

Puke

Recumbent ReCycler

I'm thinking of riding my trike to it, but would need to find a place to sleep.  While I think I could probably ride all the way to Nashua in one day, I think it would be better to find a place to sleep somewhere along the way (perhaps between Epping and Derry).  I can't afford to rent a room, but would consider some kind of barter for a place to sleep.  I've made some nice upgrades to my trike since last year.  It now has fenders, headlights, a taillight, a cargo basket, a bell, an air horn and an improved drivetrain.  I would also like to work out some kind of free or cheap sleeping arrangement during LF09.  If you would be willing to share some space with me, please send me a message.  I can cook breakfast or do something else (negotiable) for whomever shares their space with me.  Jack asked me if I would be willing to give a presentation on human powered transportation alternatives.  I would like to do that, and figured that it would be best if I went there under my own power.

Recumbent ReCycler

It looks like I will probably be able to get transportation for me and my trike to Nashua on Friday if the weather isn't cooperating on Wednesday or Thursday.

Lloyd Danforth

Aw!!  Man!!!  I was gonna go to your presentation, but, you know.............what with you not getting there on your own power and all...... :P

jaqeboy

Quote from: Recumbent ReCycler on February 17, 2009, 11:28 AM NHFT
...I would also like to work out some kind of free or cheap sleeping arrangement during LF09....

We've got you covered, Tim. A modest donation and help with the food'll get you accomodations with the Alties!

jaqeboy

Quote from: Puke on February 17, 2009, 05:22 AM NHFT
Excellent stuff.

Thanks, Puke - we've got some topics and presenters you'll really dig. We're starting to implement the follow on all-day sessions -- each 1 hour topic at the Alt Expo at LF will just be a teaser for something that could go all day, so we'll be scheduling all day things as follow-ons with really detailed how-to, as interest warrants. We've pegged several venues around the state to hold these sessions in. Each presenter can promote his enterprise, too. For example, one of the alt. health presenters gives trainings at his office in Nashua, so you can learn about those trainings from his handout. If energy is your thing, we'll point you to the Sustainable Energy Association, which has workshops and Alt Expo has already held all-day community currency workshops back in December.

jaqeboy

Quote from: jaqeboy on February 17, 2009, 11:53 PM NHFT
Quote from: Recumbent ReCycler on February 17, 2009, 11:28 AM NHFT
...I would also like to work out some kind of free or cheap sleeping arrangement during LF09....

We've got you covered, Tim. A modest donation and help with the food'll get you accomodations with the Alties!

Presently, we'll be in rooms 202, 204 & 206, unless we upgrade to a larger suite that may be available (we'll know in a day or two). Anyway, it'd be cool if anyone wants to get their rooms across the hall to expand the party space.

We'll be having a hospitality service, featuring all New-Hampshire/Porcupine-made beverages and a Porcupine bartender!

jaqeboy

Quote from: John on February 16, 2009, 11:57 PM NHFT
Quote from: jaqeboy on February 16, 2009, 11:25 PM NHFTThe Alternatives Expo will have a presence on the 2nd floor of the hotel during the Liberty Forum!
If you haven't heard of us before, we present a variety of alternatives to the mainstream that you can join in on when you come to New-Hampshire - you can meet the people who are the leaders in their alt. area in New Hamps. so you can jump right in with them and hit the ground running when you get here. ....

We'll have a suite of 3 rooms for 3 nites, so welcome     ..... We could use volunteers in some areas, so if you'd like to help, please write to volunteer@AltExpo.org!

Alt Expo ROCKS!

Yeah, and we hope you come help it ROCK, too, dude!

doobie

Nit pick/suggestion: Alt. power generation methods, & storage

Russell Kanning

Quote from: doobie on February 18, 2009, 12:25 PM NHFT
Nit pick/suggestion: Alt. power generation methods, & storage
if you do the presentation ... you can name it. :)
someone might already be doing the listed stuph .... you could add yours

Barterer

Arright guys, I just booked my trip and will be there Friday night and will present/demo shirehours on Saturday the 7th.  Also attending the liberty forum Sunday.  8)