• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

AltExpo#3 at LF09

Started by jaqeboy, February 16, 2009, 11:25 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jaqeboy

Quote from: AntonLee on February 26, 2009, 06:18 PM NHFT
Just to clarify, is Alt Expo open to the public or only to those attending Liberty Forum?

Anton, sorry to not be clear, so here's the official invite: "Come on up to the Alt Expo!" - There's no charge (though we'll mercilessly beg for donations after every talk and at every other opportunity until we get the rooms paid for! And, since it's a co-operatively created thang, we could use your help spreading the word, and if you've got a topic you'd like to share with the Porcupine community, bring it on! We'll find a time slot and place for it somehow. We've got 3 rooms that we have to fill with fun, free-speech and friendship, so jump in and join us!

jaqeboy

We got word about an hour ago that Ed Hale of Plains Radio (plainsradio.com) will be having ChasEric and Dan hosting the radio show Friday and Saturday night from Room 206 at the AltExpo. More on this as time goes on. I know they want to do 5 minute interviews with everyone they can snag, so come prepared with your story and your perspective on why you plan to come to New-Hampshire (or why you moved here, if you're already here).

Russell Kanning

Quote from: jaqeboy on February 26, 2009, 10:37 PM NHFT
I love the Welcome to the Shire thing - maybe we could split the time slot - You welcome 'em to the Shire and I welcome 'em to the Expo.
Kat and I will be attending Altexpo on Friday. I can help welcome people to the Shire during the noon hour. Our plan would then be to hit the best salad bar around (if anyone wants to join us). Kat can help out with the PiMP session at 4pm. During the day we will be hanging out with the gang, when we are not attending sessions.

jaqeboy

Quote from: Russell Kanning on February 27, 2009, 06:36 AM NHFT
Quote from: jaqeboy on February 26, 2009, 10:37 PM NHFT
I love the Welcome to the Shire thing - maybe we could split the time slot - You welcome 'em to the Shire and I welcome 'em to the Expo.
Kat and I will be attending Altexpo on Friday. I can help welcome people to the Shire during the noon hour. Our plan would then be to hit the best salad bar around (if anyone wants to join us). Kat can help out with the PiMP session at 4pm. During the day we will be hanging out with the gang, when we are not attending sessions.

EXcellent - that'll work out well.

Daien

I'm so sorry I'm going to miss this!! I'll be in Chicago, both fortunately and not, otherwise I'd be there for sure.

jaqeboy

Quote from: Libertine on February 27, 2009, 11:56 AM NHFT
I'm so sorry I'm going to miss this!! I'll be in Chicago, both fortunately and not, otherwise I'd be there for sure.

:'(  you'll be missed  :'(

John

If I make a surprise appearance it would be to help beg for money by offering to play a few tunes.

jaqeboy

Quote from: John on February 27, 2009, 06:53 PM NHFT
If I make a surprise appearance it would be to help beg for money by offering to play a few tunes.

We always enjoy your presence and your singing at the AltExpo - one of the highlights!

jaqeboy

I just met barterer in real life today, as well as his wife and daughter - all very cool people. He told me he's preparing a really thorough presentation so people will really get a good lesson from the master on how to trade in Shire Hours!

Barterer

The master.. :biglaugh: You are too kind. I'll be doing good if I can keep it to 41 slides and don't break the emailer again during the live demos.  Must.. avoid... information.. overload! 

I invited the FDR crowd and the altcurrency mailing list to join us. Hopefully that will draw a couple more people and maybe an AltExpo donation.

jaqeboy

Excellent, barterer. Yeah, it'll be great to get more people signed on. Then we can give each other some Shire Hour gifts to demonstrate the system and develop our skills. I'm using the system with some of my trading partners already.

BTW, the entire AltExpo schedule is posted at http://altexpo.org, then click on AltExpo#3 tab. Tell everyone!

Barterer

Say Jack, will someone be bringing a laser pointer?  I could use one, but don't own one.  I can bring an infrared thermometer with built-in laser that would work.

Recumbent ReCycler

I have a laser pointer I'd be willing to share.  Due to some unforseen issues, there is a possibility that I may not be able to make it.  I will try to be there, but thought I should let you know that I am not 100% sure.

Barterer

Thanks, Recumbent dude! I should be there in time for your presentation and will bring the temp gun as a backup pointer.

jaqeboy

Quote from: Recumbent ReCycler on March 03, 2009, 01:13 PM NHFT
I have a laser pointer I'd be willing to share.  Due to some unforseen issues, there is a possibility that I may not be able to make it.  I will try to be there, but thought I should let you know that I am not 100% sure.

Recumbent dude! I'm coming over to pick you up to make sure you're there, if necessary! Everybody wants to see that trike!