• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

IRS Rejects 501c3 Status!

Started by Michael Fisher, September 02, 2005, 01:52 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

pcwallis

Your  "Common Sense" shall prevail.  Your foundation will become a new way to raise money for a better way to promote learning and education.  You can do it - just think out-side of the box.  We have all been brain - washed to think there are only certain ways to do things, that is why this country is so screwed up !!!  One size fits all.

Kat Kanning

I don't have any plans to quit if you go for 501c3.  I thought the deadline was past anyway, though.

Michael Fisher

Just e-mailed it out to the Board:

Motion to Cease Pursuit of 501c3 Status

I am making a motion to permanently cease pursuit of federal 501(c)(3) tax-deductible charity status.
I vote yes on this motion.

FSPinNY

Michael Fisher

The motion passes.? The Board has voted to permanently cease pursuit of 501c3 status.? ?:o

It's time for some big changes then.? We need to make it more of a community effort.? The LSF forum on the NH Underground definitely helps.? :)

I like the idea of creating profiles of potential scholarship recipients.? It's in their best interest to do it, even if it does not increase their chances of success.? It makes this more of a personal effort.? :)

Kat Kanning

So how many board members did we lose?

Michael Fisher

We'll find out in the next few days or weeks.

Kat Kanning

cathleeninnh

The LSF is now unique and should promote itself nationwide. We know our target donors and should make the most of it.

Cathleen

Russell Kanning

"Unfit for 501c3 status" - IRS
.... or however they worded it :)

"The IRS didn't like our selection process.....we must be doing something right."

"Support the LSF ..... too dangerous for 501c3 status"

Lloyd Danforth

How many board members can there be if two or three of you just carried that vote?

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

....see that was fast .... and hardly any of that roberts rules stuff 8)

Michael Fisher

Quote from: cathleeninnh on October 02, 2005, 08:30 AM NHFT
The LSF is now unique and should promote itself nationwide. We know our target donors and should make the most of it.

Cathleen

Let's do it.

We're gonna need all the help we can get.  Feel free to take fundraising ideas and run with them.  :)

It's time to revamp the website.

Michael Fisher

I like Wikis.  Maybe we should use one for the LSF's website.   :)