• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Disney to buy Marvel Comics

Started by K. Darien Freeheart, August 31, 2009, 05:17 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

K. Darien Freeheart

"Disney's X-Men" doesn't have the same ring to it.

ABC is also owned by Disney, and they're pushing HARD for ObamaCare. They're even running their newsroom from the White House. Will this be the next Disney-sponsored mascot for government intrusion into our lives?

WithoutAPaddle

Has anyone ever taken a survey here to see what portion of the forum members have health insurance, and to compare that to the population as a whole?  It is my impression that most of the forum members here catagorize themselves as Libertarians or a variant thereof.  Do Libertarians allow themselves to be admitted for treatment into hospital emergency wards, even if there is no possibility that they will ever be able to pay for life saving services they might receive there?

I am self employed, I don't have health insurance and never have had it at any time in my life.  If "Obamacare" requires those who can afford health insurance to buy it for themselves, then I will fall into that catagory.  So far, my lifetime medical expenses have surely been under $2,000.  I am 57 years old, so I have made out like a bandit  I sure as hell hope that my good luck continues forever, but I know it can't.  I won't be too pissed if I have to start paying for health insurance myself.

Puke

I have insurance and it sucks.
If there wasn't so much insurance and other gov't intrusions into healthcare then it would  be affordable.

Further gov't intrusion will not help, it will only get worse.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: WithoutAPaddle on August 31, 2009, 06:17 PM NHFT
Has anyone ever taken a survey here to see what portion of the forum members have health insurance, and to compare that to the population as a whole?  It is my impression that most of the forum members here catagorize themselves as Libertarians or a variant thereof.  Do Libertarians allow themselves to be admitted for treatment into hospital emergency wards, even if there is no possibility that they will ever be able to pay for life saving services they might receive there?

I am self employed, I don't have health insurance and never have had it at any time in my life.  If "Obamacare" requires those who can afford health insurance to buy it for themselves, then I will fall into that catagory.  So far, my lifetime medical expenses have surely been under $2,000.  I am 57 years old, so I have made out like a bandit  I sure as hell hope that my good luck continues forever, but I know it can't.  I won't be too pissed if I have to start paying for health insurance myself.

My family doesn't have health insurance, we are on payment plans with a few ER visits, but there's no way I want "Obamacare".    I would be totally pissed if I had to start paying for health insurance, because I was being told I had to. 

Where's the freedom of choice, in being told you must have health insurance?

K. Darien Freeheart