• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Let's go to the movies!

Started by Daien, February 19, 2009, 09:59 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Daien

Over Chinese buffet today I brought up going to see the movie, "Slumdog Millionaire," this Sunday around Concord. I'm still not real familiar with everywhere yet, and here are all the theatres in which it is playing. Which is most convenient to everyone, starting with Tackle the World (in your underwear!), and Facilitor To The Icon; and who wants to go?

Red River Theatres: 11 S. Main Street, L1-1 Concord, 03301
Cinemagic 15 & IMAX: 1226 Hooksett Rd Hooksett, 03106
Town Hall Theatre - Wilton: 40 Main Street Wilton, 03086
Cinemagic Merrimack 12: 11 Executive Park Drive Merrimack, 03054
Flagship Cinemas - Derry: 10 Ashleigh Drive Derry, 03038
Spinelli Cinemas - Lilac Mall: Route 125, 23 Lilac Mall Rochester, 03867

Giggan

"You can walk into a movie theater in (Concord) and buy a beer. And I'm not talking about in no paper cup, I'm talking about a glass of beer."

Actually, I think it's a plastic cup, but they serve beer at Red River, which is pretty cool. Also it's stadium seating so people in front of you don't block the screen.

Jim Johnson

The Red River sounds good.

Cinemagic 15 and Cinemagic Merrimack 12 are also do-able.

I have not been to any of the theaters on this list, so I'm wondering if any body knows about their qualities.

Pat K

Daien

I haven't been to any of them, either, but all three of these offer stadium seating, and as Giggan said, the Concord one serves beer! Maybe someone can offer up some opinions if they've been.

Here are the showtimes for Sunday at these theatres:

Red River Theatres: 11 S. Main Street, L1-1 Concord, 03301
1:15pm

Cinemagic 15 & IMAX: 1226 Hooksett Rd Hooksett, 03106
12:10pm,  3:30pm,  6:40pm,  9:20pm

Cinemagic Merrimack 12: 11 Executive Park Drive Merrimack, 03054
12:10pm,  3:00pm,  6:50pm,  9:30pm

FTTI and TTW, which would you like? The rest of us will show up at your choice of venues and times.

Kat Kanning

Daien

Ok, Red River theater in Concord it is! Kira and I will be going from Animal Farm, Kat said she will be staying home and working on the paper.  :-[

We'll be there around 11:45 . . .

Kat Kanning

I don't think she meant 11:45, since they haven't left yet :)

Jim Johnson

A Great Movie.   ;D

Hollywood is no longer the premier movie maker in the world.

"Slumdog Millionaire" has a story with a plot... a beginning, a middle and an end... motivated actions... and well developed characters

...which is very hard to find all in one film.

Pat K

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on February 22, 2009, 05:37 PM NHFT
A Great Movie.   ;D

"Slumdog Millionaire" has a story with a plot... a beginning, a middle and an end... motivated actions... and well developed characters

...which is very hard to find all in one film.

Pfft, that will never work, someone get me some explosions!

TackleTheWorld

Stupendous movie.  Equal to hollywood of the 30s, maybe better.  I really liked the addition of a music video to the ending credits, it made the love story even happier. 

Daien

An amazing film, and it was great to see it with everyone.
Yep, I agree about the music video, that was really sweet.

KBCraig

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on February 22, 2009, 05:37 PM NHFT

They haven't been for 60 years or more, they've just been the biggest.

We enjoy lots of foreign films on Netflix, and see some really beautiful, well-acted, and funny stuff that doesn't fit the Hollywood formula.