• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Any music makers?

Started by Sam A. Robrin, March 02, 2009, 10:29 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam A. Robrin

Major historical movements have always relied on songs to publicize and sustain them.  The Free State Project needs some.  I have a few on hand, some of which are in need of original melodies, some of which are parodies that could be recorded and circulated.  Does anyone else have talent or equipment they'd like to contribute theretoward? 

thinkliberty

There is always microsoft songsmith HA HA

But in all seriousness I play guitar and can come up with music for songs and what not... We could use audacity to build songs so we all don't have to be in the same spot to record.  (vocal, drum, bass, guitar(s) + ?? ) I have an octave pedal I can use on my guitar to lay down simple bass lines as well.

Sam A. Robrin

thinkliberty

I mean audacity.... as in the program http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

It's free and works on almost all operating systems.... ;)

NH Native

I've been looking for someone to collab with.

I play everything (or used to), but am most current on bass (fingers, no pick).  I've been sharpening my guitar skills lately, but playing to a click is still touch and go.

I like Reaper better than audacity.  You're supposed to give them $50 though, but they don't cripple the 'demo'. 

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: NH Native on March 03, 2009, 12:03 PM NHFT
I've been looking for someone to collab with.

I play everything (or used to), but am most current on bass (fingers, no pick).  I've been sharpening my guitar skills lately, but playing to a click is still touch and go.

I like Reaper better than audacity.  You're supposed to give them $50 though, but they don't cripple the 'demo'. 

I'm getting my own song lyrics together, some of which could use collaboration--though when I'm stuck for a line, it usually finally comes to me in the shower, and I spring out, dripping sudsy water all over the living room . . .  or while getting arrested . . .  or when I can conveniently write it down in the notebook I carry, but everyone watching thinks I'm a Fed . . .

thinkliberty

Cool! we have guitar, vox and bass now! We can use a drum machine if we can't find a drummer.

I have a friend in Taiwan that will program drums tracks on a roland DR-880 for me.

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: thinkliberty on March 03, 2009, 01:40 PM NHFT
Cool! we have guitar, vox and bass now! We can use a drum machine if we can't find a drummer.

I know one of those!

KBCraig

I haven't used it, but I know local musicians who use Riffworks for online collaboration. You can check out some work on riffworld.com.

Scott Roth

Sam A. Robrin

John

I have no permits. But I do have a few songs.

Here is an old (almost 6 years now  ;)) favorite. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYmP9ZRs-qg&feature=channel_page
When I played it at the 1st PorcFest around the "Circle of Liberty" (the video above is from PorcFest 4 - I think) many folks (including FSP "leadership") said they wanted it as the FSP anthem, so I recorded it and gave it to them. You can find the original "recorded for public consumption" version somewhere in the FSP site's essay archives.

jaqeboy

Music-makers welcomed in the Alt Expo suites in the hotel this weekend. Live music would be a bonus for the Freeman's Frolic Friday night and the Alt-A-Palooza Saturday night!

John

Originally written as a conversation between a man and wife, I got Maria to sing the female part on Free State Project Blues. She helped put a finishing touch on the song, and she even put it on her My Space page.
Maria's friend Johnny did the recording (at a secret location  ;D) and also played the guitar in this version . . .
Song #4 here: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=166323132

Sam A. Robrin

Oh, yeah,John,we met at PiMP my Activism, and I nodded hello to you today at the statehouse.  Had I known you were a singeer/composer, I'd have brought up the topic.