• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Shooting Range

Started by cxxguy, March 03, 2009, 01:41 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

cxxguy

Manchester needs a new shooting range.  The one I go to now has 1-2 hour waits on weekends.

I'm curious as to whether there are enough potential investors in the Porc community to justify exploring opening such  a venture.  I believe it could be done relatively cheaply.  Most of the state laws which reference ranges are laws which protect them from noise complaints from "johnny come lately" neighbors.

The range would also benefit the Porc community by being able to offer jobs to Porcs, and to absorb surplus guns (haven't we all got a couple?).

Is there any interest in this venture?  My capital is limited, so I would need (possibly silent) partners in order to seriously consider this.

J’raxis 270145

I take it you mean Manchester Firing Line?

Several freestaters are trying to help Wilson Hill Pistol Club out, a smaller indoor range in Manchester that's currently struggling. I think the LF shoot is going to be held there.

doobie

I shoot on my property....  but there are a number of clubs all around...  There's a place in Hookset, there's also Wilson Hill in Manch...  Londonderry F&G in Londonderry, and well just find some public land and go shooting...

Or buy Ron's house...he has a range there already.

George Donnelly

I may be interested. I'll be at the LF. Maybe we can chat then?

resunltd

Hi Rich,

I am a member at Wilson Hill and would be happy to have you as my guest. You could take a look around and shoot as well. Drop me a note via email if you are interested.
Bill

doobie

I was at MFL last night, I think if you join and become a member you can call and reserve a lane in advance.  I'm thinking of heading there at some point during ladies night to go shoot one of my AR-15s for a bit.  >:D

Ryan McGuire

Quote from: doobie on March 05, 2009, 10:16 AM NHFT
I'm thinking of heading there at some point during ladies night to go shoot one of my AR-15s for a bit.  >:D

That's definitely a good way to weed out the hoplophobes from your prospective dating pool ;)

But, if you want a REAL winner, I'd shoot the 500.

doobie

Quote from: Ryan McGuire on March 05, 2009, 03:29 PM NHFT
Quote from: doobie on March 05, 2009, 10:16 AM NHFT
I'm thinking of heading there at some point during ladies night to go shoot one of my AR-15s for a bit.  >:D

That's definitely a good way to weed out the hoplophobes from your prospective dating pool ;)

But, if you want a REAL winner, I'd shoot the 500.

I have to become more comfortable of that sucker.  I also usually weed out the hoplophobes by open carrying on the first date...  no one has backed out of a first date when I've done that yet.

geoff

Quote from: cxxguy on March 03, 2009, 01:41 PM NHFT
Manchester needs a new shooting range.  The one I go to now has 1-2 hour waits on weekends.

I'm curious as to whether there are enough potential investors in the Porc community to justify exploring opening such  a venture.  I believe it could be done relatively cheaply.  Most of the state laws which reference ranges are laws which protect them from noise complaints from "johnny come lately" neighbors.

The range would also benefit the Porc community by being able to offer jobs to Porcs, and to absorb surplus guns (haven't we all got a couple?).

Is there any interest in this venture?  My capital is limited, so I would need (possibly silent) partners in order to seriously consider this.

I would definitely be interested  in learning more about your idea for this.  I am an fsp member out of state in NJ right now, and I am looking to possibly start some business venture up north to help expedite my move.  I'd love to hear your thoughts on the basis for starting a range in terms of locations, outdoor/indoor, or anything that you or others have come up with (business plan).  The regular 9-5 at a desk is becoming a real drag, so if you or anyone else has any entreprenuerial business ideas (I have a couple of my own) and are looking to partner with someone, I might be the man for the job. 

cxxguy

Thanks to all who replied!

I've heard so much about clubs which are *under* utilized that I am going to put this idea on hold until have time to do some more "market research" and find out if there is some reason -- other than ignorance -- which prompts shooters to wait 2 hours for a lane at MFL.  If it's just ignorance, I'll probably forget the idea, since that isn't really how I want to make my money, and any of the established clubs could kill me by placing a few ads.

Thanks again, and I'm especially interested in referrals to any shooting club which has an indoor shooting area.  I'll be contacting the individual members who replied above to take them up on their "guesting" offers.

Regards,
Rich