• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Peroxide vs. Bleach

Started by coffeeseven, March 03, 2009, 01:41 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Giggan

Freshman year of high school, so that was...2002?

Hit a jagged chunk of cement, fell off my bike, landed on my face. Smashed my front three teeth, left the the right side of my face larger than normal for a while. I had train tracks in my mouth for a few months. But as a consequence of breaking and replacing teeth, they came out straighter than before.

Also, they gave me laughing gas during the oral surgery and I tripped out like nothing else, but in a good way. What an experience.

I could be a living testament as to why bike helmets are a bad idea. I've chipped teeth twice in bike accidents, in neither case would a helmet have helped (the first time, I was wearing one). Another time, I was ripped off my bike by my helmet, connected to my head, when it snagged on a low-hanging branch.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Giggan on April 09, 2009, 11:20 AM NHFT
Freshman year of high school, so that was...2002?

Hit a jagged chunk of cement, fell off my bike, landed on my face. Smashed my front three teeth, left the the right side of my face larger than normal for a while. I had train tracks in my mouth for a few months. But as a consequence of breaking and replacing teeth, they came out straighter than before.

Also, they gave me laughing gas during the oral surgery and I tripped out like nothing else, but in a good way. What an experience.

I could be a living testament as to why bike helmets are a bad idea. I've chipped teeth twice in bike accidents, in neither case would a helmet have helped (the first time, I was wearing one). Another time, I was ripped off my bike by my helmet, connected to my head, when it snagged on a low-hanging branch.
Oh man!  I'm glad your okay, what a horrible experience! 

I got a concusion before when I was riding my bicycle, (I was 9), and I was going down this big hill while my puppy was chasing my bike playfully.  Well, I kept peddling down the hill and lost control of my bike so I let go of the steering wheel and flew about 40 feet into the air as my head bounced off the road about 3 times as I was coming to the ground.  I picked up my puppy and carried him home, not knowing that anything was wrong, except that my head burned horribly.   My dad saw me and screamed, picked me up and rushed me to the hospital, he didn't even wait to tell my mom.

This one is a funny story:  A few years ago Rick and I were riding our bikes and a damn bug went in my ear, so I freaked out and let go of the steering wheel again.  ::)  I went flying off my bike, my earrings popped out of my ears, ripped my knee up pretty bad, there was blood everywhere.  The funny part is that Rick was behind me and accidentally ran my arm over as I laid in the street.   I lived of course and Rick said I embarrassed him in front of the neighborhood people because I looked like an idiot, letting go of the steering wheel because of a bug.  What a dick!  ::)

ByronB

Last bad bike accident I was in happened because I was riding in the heat with a helmet and got a really bad headache from the heat I'm guessing, anyway I took my helmet off and strapped it to my bike's handlebars to cool my head off a bit and my headache went away... then my helmet slipped off and got tangled up with my feet and chain and I went down pretty hard... never wore a bicycle helmet since.