• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

my shoulder

Started by Mike Barskey, March 04, 2009, 04:34 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Barskey

Quote from: resunltd on May 04, 2009, 09:28 PM NHFT
I seem to recall Mike asking for someone...no more like pleading for anybody!! ... to just to pop it back in.   :o Sorry Mike ...we were a little freaked out.

I was, and next time (which I hope never comes) I'll be begging even harder. I don't want to spend another $2500 on an ER visit. The 2nd time my should popped out, Gordi and I tried for 5 minutes to pop it back in but we couldn't get it.

My other shoulder popped out back in 1991 and, since then, had popped out maybe once per year (until I had surgery in 2001), but it always popped itself back into place within about 30 seconds. This shoulder, though, was apparently way too out of place to just slip back into position. Oh well.

bile

I've popped a few shoulders into socket before. Hurts like hell but I work cheap :-)

I've not gone over the thread but there are some tricks you can probably find online. Such as walking your fingers up your head.

Goble

I think someone with the presence of mind to calmly "walk their fingers up their head" in the event dislocating a shoulder should pursue a career in cagefighting...  :boxing:

Mike Barskey

Latest financial update: I went to 2 emergency rooms (i.e., two different hospitals), but they were both part of the same charity program. I filled out the exact same paperwork for financial assistance (in fact, I filled out one set of paperwork and sent a copy to the other hospital) and the Keene hospital rejected me for financial assistance but the Derry hospital approved me for 100% financial assistance. Weird. Perhaps they have a threshhold of $X per month or year before which they qualify someone to receive their charity. Or maybe it was random. Whatever. I'm finally done, having paid ~$2.5K.

TackleTheWorld

Yay, out from under oppressive debt in less than 3 months!