• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

my shoulder

Started by Mike Barskey, March 04, 2009, 04:34 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Friday

Quote from: Toadstool on March 04, 2009, 07:51 PM NHFT
DIE HARD MAN, DIE HARD!

You and him got shit in common,  You can have it pop out again now and overact it up.
But for real  damnnnnnnnnnnnn.
*note to self. leave arm where it is, its fine there.  no need to relocate to center of chassis.
I think you're mixing up John McClain from the Die Hard movies with Martin Riggs from the Lethal Weapon movies; Martin can dislocate his shoulder at will, while grimacing most dramatically.

Pat K

Mike Barskey

PatK, where did you get those pictures of me?

Mike Barskey

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on March 04, 2009, 06:11 PM NHFT
Wow!  They gave you copies of your x-rays?  Cool!  How did you get them?

Yeah, the gave me a CD with some Xray viewer software on them (ability to zoom, and all kinds of medical/technical terms/functions), and to export to .jpg.

Pat K

Quote from: Mike Barskey on March 04, 2009, 08:38 PM NHFT
PatK, where did you get those pictures of me?

Wow, you must have taken quite a
blow to the head, along with that
shoulder injury.

Puke

Quote from: Mike Barskey on March 04, 2009, 08:39 PM NHFT
Yeah, the gave me a CD with some Xray viewer software on them (ability to zoom, and all kinds of medical/technical terms/functions), and to export to .jpg.

Neat.

Toadstool

Quote from: Pat K on March 04, 2009, 08:14 PM NHFT
Choose one.

\your right.,
Martin is my man...
i loved his over reacting. and shit..lol.
hope you get well.

Kat Kanning

Be nice to Barskey...he's been thru a very painful separation.   :'(

David

Quote from: Toadstool on March 04, 2009, 07:51 PM NHFT
DIE HARD MAN, DIE HARD!

You and him got shit in common,  You can have it pop out again now and overact it up.
But for real  damnnnnnnnnnnnn.
*note to self. leave arm where it is, its fine there.  no need to relocate to center of chassis.
;D

Mike Barskey

I got the bill from my first ER visit: ~$2500.

Sigh.

Actually, they gave me a "Courtesy Discount" of ~$600, though I'm not sure why (possibly because they knew I had no insurance, but I don't think they knew I was jobless), so the total I currently owe is ~$1900. They're sending me "financial assistance" paperwork; apparently I can qualify for a reduction of some/all of their charges due to my having no insurance or job; their paperwork requires evidence like 2008 tax forms and such, so I may not have any of their required paperwork (wink wink). Ugh. I guess I'll see in a week or 2.

And this is only for my first ER visit.

Sigh.

TackleTheWorld

They want you to fill out all those forms and attach all that paperwork but you don't have to.  Jim didn't.  He just went to the cashier and said he'd like to pay some percentage once a month.  No haggling, they told him the minimum payment ($20 per month).  No problems so far.

Mike Barskey

Thanks for the info. I may go that route. The benefit to their paper-laden route, though, is that they say that I might qualify to have the total price reduced (she even said I may qualify "for 100% financial assistance" - meaning all of it would be paid by their insurance or whatever, not by me). I'll see what info they want from me - if it's not too intrusive, I may apply for a price reduction. If not, I may do what Jim did. Thanks again.

Russell Kanning

I guess I won't be visiting any emergency rooms.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Russel Kanning on March 18, 2009, 12:41 PM NHFT
I guess I won't be visiting any emergency rooms.

I hope you don't encounter any medical emergencies!

Tom Sawyer

I ran over my arm with a truck and didn't go to the hospital... healed fine, no bill. :D Of course I'm crazy. ;D