• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NH House votes to raise gas tax by 15-cents....

Started by doobie, March 04, 2009, 08:50 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Puke

Pat K

John Edward Mercier

I think you missed it... there were a lot of unhappy truck drivers.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: doobie on March 04, 2009, 08:50 PM NHFT
http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?articleId=c028b186-8e18-411c-b944-9a8313d77daf&headline=15-cent+gas+tax+hike+passes+House

I don't recall hearing this anywhere...

Just as the Gov. of NH wants a 15 cent increase over 3 years, the Gov. of MA wants a 19 cent increase; although, I don't think it is over as long a period. 

Anyway, the Gov. of NH also wants for the state to take all of the food and hotel tax money which is even worse.  It means almost every town and city in NH is going to raise taxes just to stay are the currently funding level.

doobie

It goes to show you the government doesn't care about the People anymore.

Force you to use a seatbelt via JBT (with $100 fines), so they can get $2.18/yr/person
Raise gas taxes during a recession when people can't afford gas in the first place
Told the state, "the feds can do whatever they want to subvert our state sovereignty."

It is time to revolt against the government!

John Edward Mercier

Quote from: Radical and Stuff on March 05, 2009, 02:43 AM NHFT
Quote from: doobie on March 04, 2009, 08:50 PM NHFT
http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?articleId=c028b186-8e18-411c-b944-9a8313d77daf&headline=15-cent+gas+tax+hike+passes+House

I don't recall hearing this anywhere...

Just as the Gov. of NH wants a 15 cent increase over 3 years, the Gov. of MA wants a 19 cent increase; although, I don't think it is over as long a period. 

Anyway, the Gov. of NH also wants for the state to take all of the food and hotel tax money which is even worse.  It means almost every town and city in NH is going to raise taxes just to stay are the currently funding level.
Governor Lynch is opposed to the gas tax.
And why should the State of NH be responsible to tax a restaurant or hotel in another town to pay for the budget in my town? Which they never voted on, nor have benefit from.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on March 05, 2009, 06:15 AM NHFT
Governor Lynch is opposed to the gas tax.
And why should the State of NH be responsible to tax a restaurant or hotel in another town to pay for the budget in my town? Which they never voted on, nor have benefit from.

Then why did Lynch call for one is his new budget?  We shall see if he is opposed to it now because if he is, then it will not happen.

John Edward Mercier

Lynch didn't call for a gas tax increase in his budget.
He called for a $10 increase in the State portion of vehicle registration.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on March 25, 2009, 01:09 PM NHFT
Lynch didn't call for a gas tax increase in his budget.
He called for a $10 increase in the State portion of vehicle registration.

OK, I'll take your word for it as I don't want to look it up.  I just remember Grant Bosse going through Lynch's budget as it was going down and he said that's want Lynch wanted.

AntonLee

you can fill up drums with gas and sell them to people in Massachusetts in order to make back the 19 cents you're losing for your own gas.

I like to keep high octane in my 'head tank'. . . this black market stuff sounds vaguely familiar