• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

theme song for Tim C.

Started by Friday, March 08, 2009, 10:43 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Friday

Tim C recently posted on the national FSP Yahoo discussion list, where he declared that if the "best chance for a beacon of liberty in the United States will be extinguished", it'll be Russell's/Lauren's/Kat's/Mike's/Ian's/Andrew's/Jesse's/Dave's you-know-who's fault.  :soapbox:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/freestateproject/message/15460

This has inspired me to write a song.  It's not done yet (creative genius cannot be rushed!!).  This is what I've got so far:

Timothy C
proud attorney
gonna go down in G-Town history
he'll lower your taxes, fightin' the good fight
while also killin' A-rabs noon and night
Votin' to maintain the New Hampshire Advantage
While warding off the hoardes of immigratin' savages
Got no time for lil Mahatma Gandhi
Why Tim'll break that skinny wimp over his knee

<chorus>
semper fi!
Republican-or-die!
semper fi!
Republican-or-die!

:boogie: :icon_drummer:

TackleTheWorld

J’raxis 270145

Um...

I don't see anything in there talking about any of those people, or even inferring such. The gist of the message was just an overly pessimistic rebuttal to Dan McGuire's list of all the ways we can potentially win a fight against the seatbelt law—and all of his suggestions were legislative or courtroom actions, not civil disobedience or other out-of-the-system stuff.

You literally made up a completely different conclusion by taking a random quote out of context. He started a paragraph with "If we don't have political power, we lose," and ended with your choice quote. Nowhere was civdis or apolitical activism mentioned, let alone that we need political power as opposed to civil disobedience.

You made up that dichotomy yourself.

When I saw that the thread was a repost of the long debate about seatbelt opposition tactics from the RLCNH mailing list, I half-expected to see Tim C. ranting about our plans to present the civil disobedience pledge to the Ways & Means Committee tomorrow. Then I remembered Bob H. and Denis hatched the idea to do the seatbelt civdis. Yeah, you know, two people who are mainly political activists. (I'm only the one who set up the pledge and is going to present it.)

Is there any particular reason why so many people seem to have a bug up there ass lately to once again waste everyone's time fighting over the merits of political activism?

Friday

Um...

I don't appreciate your statement that I made anything up.  I stand by my interpretation of Tim's post, and others are welcome to read it for themselves and come to their own interpretations as well.  Here's another quote from it:

A sub-problem here is that many of the people in New Hampshire who are most
committed to personal freedom either fail or refuse to vote or engage in
necessary political activism. Some of them (including some on this
list) foolishly think that merely continually breaking the law will sway the
voters and/or the legislature. Some prefer not to sully the purity of their
hands by actually working for change in the political arena. And still
others simply don't want to be bothered, having other ways they prefer to
spend their time and energy. All of which puts "us" at a distinct
disadvantage, and greatly empowers the "political class" (thus fructifying
Thomas Jefferson's famous "natural order of things," which is that
government tends to grow in power while liberty continually gives way).

My post had absolutely nothing to do with you, but you seem to have taken some sort of offense, I'm guessing(?) because my silly song directed at Tim (who has repeatedly publicly called me such things as "idiot" and "foolish") referenced the Republican Party.  Geesh, just this morning ny2nh told me she calls herself a small "l" libertarian, not a "big L", while making the "Loser" sign on her forehead.  I didn't get offended; I laughed.  Doesn't look to me like I'm the one with a bug up my ass.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Friday on March 08, 2009, 11:33 PM NHFT
My post had absolutely nothing to do with you, but you seem to have taken some sort of offense, I'm guessing(?) because my silly song directed at Tim (who has repeatedly publicly called me such things as "idiot" and "foolish") referenced the Republican Party.

No, I just see the same pointless infighting starting up again after the HCR6 rally and the response to people getting rowdy in the gallery. I'm not particularly wedded to the Republican Party; my involvement on that particular side of the political system is a "flag of convenience," to borrow a term someone else on the RLCNH list recently used.

Tim calling you an idiot and foolish is juvenile. Why stoop to that level yourself?

Friday

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on March 09, 2009, 12:25 AM NHFT
Tim calling you an idiot and foolish is juvenile. Why stoop to that level yourself?
You're right, of course.  I try to rise above, but sometimes (often  :P ) fail.

Lloyd Danforth

Tim obsesses somewhat over non voters in the movement. At the state level the CD folks voting would mean squat.  At the local level it can be more important. The best candidate for one of the offices here in Grafton lost due to a tie and a name pulled out of a hat!

Tom Sawyer

Tim need look no further than than the republicans to place "blame". What an angry, unpleasant bunch of fools... they held the reins of power so long and they lost them.

Good on you Friday.

Russell Kanning

hey ... I made the top of some list ... oops ... a list of people ruining stuff

did I just skip over a long post by jeremy complaining about others wasting time?

timc is a lawyer ... we should be thankful he is not suing us or something

as part forumnazi of this website, I support Sandy's rants against any republicans or lawyers

I don't mind timc too much ... he hasn't done anything to hurt any of us ... considering there are others that are ready to throw us down cuff us and haul us away