• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Brian Travis invaded by bureaucrats

Started by coffeeseven, March 09, 2009, 08:47 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Quote from: ny2nh on October 09, 2009, 06:34 AM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on October 09, 2009, 01:24 AM NHFT
Friday's UL reports how the prosecutor practically apologized in court, and the NHSPCA is pissed.

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?articleId=1ec1880a-a16b-414e-b6bd-440a2ce38b2d
'
Where did you possibly read that in that article?

Here:
Quote"The state has always maintained that her intentions were not to mistreat the horses, but she failed to recognize that she was in over her head," Docko wrote.

The New Hampshire SPCA sent out a press release yesterday expressing their disappointment in the decision.

stanford

I think dropping 100% of the neglect charges is evidence that they realize they went too far. I'll accept that apology.

The problem is the ridiculously over-inflated vet and boarding bills incurred for the couple weeks they had the horses. I could have rented 12 rooms at a Four Seasons resort for less than that. Probably schedule a few trips to the spa, too.

So, yet again, this is the government helping you by taking the animals for your own good, and then helping you by making it possible to pay back "restitution" over five years instead of all at once. With interest, of course.

I haven't looked up the dictionary definition of "restitution" lately, but I thought it was re-payment to someone you have harmed by your actions. So the town cops take the horses, put them at farms all over the state, and call in the vet. All of this against the will of the horse's owner. The vet and farms send the town a bill for charges. By the way, there doesn't seem to be any standard for what they can charge. The vet they used knows she charges exorbitant rates for this type of seizure. There are stories that she prefers to be present when she hands the bill to her clients to see the painful expression on their face.

There's no doubt that harm was done in this case, but it wasn't Heidi doing the harm. Perhaps the police should reimburse the town. Oh, but that would be justice. Can't have that here.

So whaddya gonna do? The town saves face. The prosecutor saves face. The horses are back with Heidi, and she's left with the bill.

Does this sound like "serving and protecting" to you?

littlehawk

QuoteFrom Beth's Facebook page: "Ill use force of the government against anyone who harms a human or horse."

NOT cool.

Any comment from that vet-guy, Mr. Stevie Spowl?

Brian, so "they" are holding your liable for the vet bills, etc. that they incurred?

Littlehawk

ny2nh

Quote from: KBCraig on October 09, 2009, 11:45 AM NHFT
Quote from: ny2nh on October 09, 2009, 06:34 AM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on October 09, 2009, 01:24 AM NHFT
Friday's UL reports how the prosecutor practically apologized in court, and the NHSPCA is pissed.

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?articleId=1ec1880a-a16b-414e-b6bd-440a2ce38b2d
'
Where did you possibly read that in that article?

Here:
Quote"The state has always maintained that her intentions were not to mistreat the horses, but she failed to recognize that she was in over her head," Docko wrote.

The New Hampshire SPCA sent out a press release yesterday expressing their disappointment in the decision.

And you got apology out of that? The state said they agree that Heidi may not have intended to mistreat her horses and Heidi failed to realize she was in over her head. SPCA was disappointed with the decision.

No matter how I read the article, I don't see how that infers apology. But, if you want to read that and get apology, whatever.

AntonLee

Who cares what the SPCA has to say?  Support your local animal shelters.  I met a woman at the Merrimack Valley River Rescue who said she doesn't go near the MSPCA people. . .

"they're crazy" -Linda from MVRR (It might be Feline River Rescue)

KBCraig

Quote from: ny2nh on October 10, 2009, 05:23 AM NHFT
And you got apology out of that? The state said they agree that Heidi may not have intended to mistreat her horses and Heidi failed to realize she was in over her head. SPCA was disappointed with the decision.

No matter how I read the article, I don't see how that infers apology. But, if you want to read that and get apology, whatever.

And if you want to read "the state dropped all cruelty charges" as some kind of vindication for your position, then whatever.

dalebert

Quote from: AntonLee on October 10, 2009, 05:28 AM NHFT
Who cares what the SPCA has to say?  Support your local animal shelters.  I met a woman at the Merrimack Valley River Rescue who said she doesn't go near the MSPCA people. . .

"they're crazy" -Linda from MVRR (It might be Feline River Rescue)

Got my rats from Mainely Rat Rescue, a wonderful and purely volunteer organization that saves unwanted rats with incentives (a carrot rather than a stick), making it easy to adopt rats by getting new owners the stuph they need and what not.

xyz

Brian~  It's a shame that you feel vindicated just because the state wants to save a buck, be done with your useless ramblings and has no idea what to do with your horses.

The fact remains that Heidi took crappy care of her horses last year and she'll take crappy care of her horses this year, that's probably why they all look like crap.  Happy healthy horses my butt.

As for the vet involved in your case, she - indeed both of them - are a couple of the nicest people I have the pleasure of knowing, what you imply is pure rubbish.  They would both go out of their ways to help animals, any time, any place, regardless of payment, as evidenced by being out in a snowstorm trying to offer some protection and solace to animals suffering under your very noses, with absolutely no guarantee of payment.  Do you work for free?  I don't believe you've paid either one of them a dollar yet...

As for the restitution, your horses were being cared for for 6 weeks, not a couple, your stallion was in such poor condition he needed months of rehab.  He was returned to you happy and healthy, how's he looking these days??  Perhaps if you guys could manage to provide them with the absolute bare minimum this year, it won't go another round - or better yet, find them new homes.  Perhaps Heidi could hoard something a little less expensive and difficult to maintain?

AntonLee

xyz, how do you function on so much hate towards others?  Do you ever have a positive outlook on anything besides other people hurting each other over property?

Russell Kanning

maybe xyz will take the horses this year and bill heidi next summer

stanford

Quote from: xyz on October 16, 2009, 09:39 AM NHFT
As for the vet involved in your case, she - indeed both of them - are a couple of the nicest people I have the pleasure of knowing, what you imply is pure rubbish.  They would both go out of their ways to help animals, any time, any place, regardless of payment, as evidenced by being out in a snowstorm trying to offer some protection and solace to animals suffering under your very noses, with absolutely no guarantee of payment.  Do you work for free?  I don't believe you've paid either one of them a dollar yet...

Xyz, your ignorance is only surpassed by your hate.

The vets are guaranteed full payment of their fees in cases when the town raids a farm. It was the town of Candia, not the SPCA, that stole the horses. In so doing, the town is on the hook for 100% of the expenses of the raid. The town is hoping that their victim will be convicted so they get their money back.

The trial would have been held by a single man, the judge of the Candia District Court. He alone would have decided if there was any malfeasance. And where do you think his paycheck come from? Oh, and by the way, he's the same judge who signed the search warrant based on a cowardly witness who insisted that the search warrant be sealed to buy time so she could build her case in her powerful animal-rights community. Proof of that is right here on this thread. Oh, my achin' Karma.

If Heidi went to trial and was acquitted, the town would be on the hook for the entire amount. In that case, Heidi would have lost also, because of the cost of mounting a legal defense to these charges.

If she took it to trial, Heidi would have incurred even more legal fees, and the town of Candia would be out a ton of cash for their actions. There is no scenario where the vets would not get their inflated contracted rates. Not only that, but the farms that hid the horses (remember the illegally covered license plates?) are guaranteed payment. Guaranteed. And yes, Heidi has already paid these thieves $3,000, with $8,000 more to come over time. The government just loves their easy payment plans.

In a time of recession when people are struggling, it's a pretty good business to contract with the government. They have plenty of money. If they run out, they just re-assess their real estate values to cover the difference.

In the case of the town of Candia, that is exactly what happened this year. I just got a nice letter from an "independent auditor" (hired by the town) that said that the town's increased assessment of my property was "within the guidelines of municipal standards at this time". Wouldn't you love to be able to do that to your boss?

I understand your love of the horses and your concern that everyone takes care of horses they way you deem proper. Unfortunately, the violence of the government in this case has diverted precious dollars to inflated "care" costs that did nothing to prepare the horses for the winter coming on us now.

So I hope you can get over your hatred for people who don't think the way you do. I've forgiven most of the people who've supported this violence, because they just haven't come to grips with the true nature of government.

If there is any silver lining on this cloud of violence, perhaps it is that some people will see that the real problem is government involvement in our personal decisions. If we could all strike at that root, perhaps the world would be a safer place for people and horses.

yamnuska

Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 16, 2009, 08:35 PM NHFT
maybe xyz will take the horses this year and bill heidi next summer

Maybe xyz will step up and pay Heidi's bill. Money talks xyz.

xyz

The boat is gone, you're not even on the dock....

I pay (and care) for my own animals, if I didn't want to, I wouldn't have them.  I certainly wouldn't expect other people to foot the bill.

Since this is so apparently about the money to you guys, why not simply sell them all?  Seriously, who in their right mind needs 30 some odd horses??  It's ridiculous, and that's all I have to say about that.

AntonLee

I think it's inhumane to own animals at all.  You're caging another creature.  I therefore deem your activities illegal and we'll be taking your horses away and back to the wild later.

Does "live and let live" mean anything to you?  Someone could just as easily come by and make some regulation or law that you might not like.  You'll follow the order or you'll be caged.

Welcome to America.

(I don't care if you have animals tard)

MaineShark

Quote from: xyz on October 18, 2009, 05:57 AM NHFTSince this is so apparently about the money to you guys, why not simply sell them all?

No, it's not about the money; it's about the violence.

Joe