• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Brian Travis invaded by bureaucrats

Started by coffeeseven, March 09, 2009, 08:47 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

How about protests outside the offending SPCA office, police station, vet office?

Kat Kanning

Would your vet in CO write a statement about how you cared for your horses there?

Russell Kanning

Quote from: margomaps on March 09, 2009, 10:09 PM NHFT
This occurs to me: before anyone crucifies a particular individual, it would be a good idea to find out more facts and get that person's side of the story.  For example, one possibility is that Dr. George was told by police to show up and not say anything to Brian.  He might have examined the horses and said "they look fine".  Maybe one of the other vets either was on the take or had a different opinion which led to the theft.
It is not acceptable behavior to do what the thugs ask and not say anything.
Dr. George obviously has gone beyond that ... he was not trying to stop bad people from doing bad things.

Russell Kanning

If you want your side of the story told in our paper Brian, we can run with something short with the details you are willing to share.

It sure sounds like it was initiated by the good doctor.

coffeeseven

Here is a list of my preliminary questions:

1. The original attempted invasion from 11/8/08 was because the SPCA wanted to make sure the horses had a 3 sided shelter as required by code?

2. There is a statement from the nhunderground forum 11/10/08 the "the shelter is done" or words to that effect. Looks like there was already a 3 sided shelter in place and the new structure was a barn?

3. The most recent invasion by the SPCA was due to health?

4. What were the findings by the veterinarian?

5. Did the findings require quarantine over the owner being given XX days to correct a health issue?

6. What other cases of this kind can be recounted in Rockingham County in the last 10 years?

7. What is the procedure for returning the horses to the owner?

shinokamen

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on March 09, 2009, 02:02 PM NHFT
Steven Sprowl, Manager, Field Services Division
Office: 603-772-2921 ext. 111
cell: 603-674-9836

Does his cell receive text messages?  If so, one could make use of txtemnow.com as well as their own phone.

Just imagine several hundred texts a day, all saying "THEIF!"

margomaps

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 10, 2009, 06:51 AM NHFTIt is not acceptable behavior to do what the thugs ask and not say anything.

While I agree with what you're saying in spirit, let me play devil's advocate for a moment.  Certain behaviors are not acceptable, but they are 100% understandable, or even expected.  For example, if someone to whom it has never occurred to question the system decides to do what the man with the gun says, I can understand this.  Even if it had occurred to him to question the system, I could still understand him not choosing to "die on this hill", and just going along with what the main wearing the gun -- you know, the guy who can "legitimately" harm him and throw him in a cage -- told him.

QuoteDr. George obviously has gone beyond that ... he was not trying to stop bad people from doing bad things.

Indeed, now it seems that he might have been a prime instigator in this fiasco.  The SPCA guy was looking for an excuse to go after Brian, and one just fell into his lap* courtesy of Dr. George.  I was holding out hope that the vet had a far more passive role in this, but it certainly seems likely that he is a snitch.  The question I have now is, what motivated him to snitch?  The only answers that make sense to me are:

- He's "on the take".  But this seems unlikely.  Did he leave the premises with one of these "free" horses.

- SPCA guy spun him a tale about abuse, and he bought into it.  This is a guy who (one might reasonably assume) loves animals to the extent that he has shaped his entire life around caring for them.  If he was fooled into believing the animals were being harmed, his passion may have overridden even the physical evidence before him that the horses were in good health.

- In his judgment, there really was something wrong with the animals that he believed was a result of abuse/neglect.

*It is also possible that the SPCA guy had called/previously visited with vets all around the area, telling them to keep an eye out for "this guy, Brian Travis, who neglects/abuses his horses".  That would have planted the seed of suspicion in Dr. George's mind, and it also explains some of the uncanny coincidence in the timing and sequence of events.

margomaps

Quote from: shinokamen on March 10, 2009, 08:07 AM NHFTDoes his cell receive text messages?  If so, one could make use of txtemnow.com as well as their own phone.

I doubt his cell receives text messages.  However, even if it did, you might want to tread carefully here.  Is there anything you know about these people or the system that makes you believe they wouldn't attempt (and quite possibly succeed) to arrest, charge, and throw people in a cage for texting such messages?  They'd likely say that the texting amounted to harassment or terroristic threats of a deputized law enforcement officer...or something like that.  They'd go after those who did the texting, and probably after you for coming up with the idea (conspiracy to harass... or maybe inciting others to commit terroristic threats).   >:(

It's BS: you know it, I know it, and they know it.  But unless you're looking to die on this hill, you have to remind yourself how these people think and what actions they are willing and likely to take against you, and then proceed accordingly.   :-\

Kat Kanning

I think protests outside the vet's office are going to put the most pressure on to return the horses.  The other customers of the vet aren't going to like what was done to the Travises and will be afraid to take their animals to see this criminal again.

shinokamen

Quote from: margomaps on March 10, 2009, 08:17 AM NHFT
They'd go after those who did the texting, and probably after you for coming up with the idea (conspiracy to harass... or maybe inciting others to commit terroristic threats).   >:(

You're probably right...

In that case, I claim that my statement was hypothetical. [/covering own ass]

And txtemnow is completely anonymous.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: shinokamen on March 10, 2009, 08:07 AM NHFT
Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on March 09, 2009, 02:02 PM NHFT
Steven Sprowl, Manager, Field Services Division
Office: 603-772-2921 ext. 111
cell: 603-674-9836

Does his cell receive text messages?  If so, one could make use of txtemnow.com as well as their own phone.

That's a brilliant idea.  It will also cost him unless he has a txt package, which at his age isn't likely.

Kat Kanning

I wouldn't call it a brilliant idea, but if you're going to do it, I hope you at least spell it right.

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: Kat Kanning on March 10, 2009, 08:19 AM NHFT
I think protests outside the vet's office are going to put the most pressure on to return the horses.  The other customers of the vet aren't going to like what was done to the Travises and will be afraid to take their animals to see this criminal again.

Ready for an impromptu sign party any time of the day or night! 

bile

Quote from: Kat Kanning on March 10, 2009, 08:30 AM NHFT
I wouldn't call it a brilliant idea, but if you're going to do it, I hope you at least spell it right.

We don't want to personally harass them to that degree. I think that will just piss them off. I think more public forms would be better. See if and where they take out ads and purchase anti-ads. Write letters to editors, look for equine forums and see if these people are present or are known, etc. Hurting their reputation and their wallet is better than private text messages and less likely that he will report harassment to authorities.

Tom Sawyer

My e-mail I sent to the Deerfield Veterinary Clinic.

----------------------------------------------------------
Wondering why Dr. George helped steal Heidi and Brian Travis' horses?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGjrE36PGzg
Several hundred views on YouTube overnight.

Steven Sprowl appears to have a personal grudge against the family and has abused his position. The last incident involved having the son, Cooper Travis, arrested for videotaping Steven Sprowl's attempt to bully his way on to the Travis property.

A quick google search already shows websites that reference Steven Sprowl in a negative light.

I think it may be of great concern to your clinics customers to know that if they use Deerfield Veterinary Clinic Dr. George does not have the owner's best interest in mind.