• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Community Action Networks

Started by jaqeboy, March 09, 2009, 12:48 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jaqeboy

The Community Action Network concept is something Kevin Innes has brought to us and he's been talking about it all weekend at public workshops, dinners, AltExpo sessions and Liberty Forum sessions, as well as at his vendor table and at parties.

Today at 3:30 PM at Murphy's Tap Room in Manchester, he'll be reviewing it again and then we'll take to the streets and get a look at the process he goes through with a merchant to show them how they will get more customers if they get on  board with honest money.

Also, tonight at 6:30PM, we're getting together for a public-invited workshop on bulk silver buying, "Bullion with Benefits". The CAN concept, I'm sure, will get an airing there, too.

These events are the last scheduled events to take advantage of Kevin's skills as a trainer while he's up here, but he'll be available for private meetings, as well, to go over details of bulk silver buying, and he will have some inventory for sale.

jaqeboy

Kat Kanning

He struck me as being a shyster.  I didn't like him.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Kat Kanning on March 09, 2009, 01:50 PM NHFT
He struck me as being a shyster.  I didn't like him.

I wouldn't go that far. But he's certainly smooth, and no doubt has a lot of PR knowledge. Sometimes that's a useful skill to have—except when you're around people who know how to recognize it.

jaqeboy

Due to snow conditions, we're running late, but we'll still be there. Celeste will be holding down a table for us.

jaqeboy

Quote from: jaqeboy on March 09, 2009, 02:18 PM NHFT
Due to snow conditions, we're running late, but we'll still be there. Celeste will be holding down a table for us.

She's just 5 minutes away and will try to snag that big round table closest to the corner.

jaqeboy

Alright, it was a good community outreach today and we talked to several businesses up and down Elm Street in Manchester. We're starting up the database of which businesses are interested in trading in honest money. We'll be developing the format for displaying the list of merchants who do, so we can patronize them preferentially.

There'll be a similar outreach in Concord tomorrow with the Main Street businesses there. We're scheduled to start at 10 AM and are working on a meeting place, but probably meet in the parking lot of the Concord Co-Op Market.

jaqeboy

The CAN Concord outreach will be Tuesday 10AM at Liberty Books on Allison Street. We'll meet up there and strategize - then hit the streets for an hour or two meeting the folks!

jaqeboy

jaqeboy

The Community Action Network outreach in Concord yesterday was very successful. Brittany and her brothers and sisters came in from Cornish and were quite a hit with the local merchants. Imagine a little kid going into a store saying "Do you want more customers? We're trying to help promote local small businesses. Will you take my money?" Then handing the merchant a silver piece or copper piece... They got several merchants signed up right away!

Then in Manchester late afternoon, Kevin shot a short piece at MCAM (Manchester Community Action Media) Channel 23 to be aired Thursday evening at the beginning of another show and to be replayed from time-to-time. We're working on getting our hands on that and posting it to You Tube to help explain Community Action Networks. More will go up onto a website, once we agree on which domain name to use. Then each town's CAN will have a nashua.domainname.com, or manchester.domainname.com, townname.domainname.com, etc.

We've got enough interest from volunteers to have a sort of staff with tasks being divided up amongst us. The ideas are starting to percolate...

jaqeboy

Kevin and Janice went on their way to the West Coast leg of their training tour. We were lucky to have him with us for so many sessions. I think a lot of people got a better idea of how to promote "honest money" in their local community. Look for more info on our New Hampshire Community Action Networks after I have a couple of days to catch up.

The idea went over well at Murphy's Tuesday night, too!