• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

heavily armed anti-crime protest in future?

Started by Dave Ridley, September 05, 2005, 06:08 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

president

$25 seems to be the standard transfer fee in NH.

I don't like the SKS fixed mag. But a SKS is better than no rifle.

polyanarch

Quote from: KBCraig on September 08, 2005, 11:01 AM NHFT

I don't think we have any straight-and-narrow types around here, so there's nobody to offend. The sarcastic implication is a little irritating, though, especially when I'm trying to correct a common misunderstanding of the law.

Kevin

Sorry, I was out of line.  My anger should be at the ones who write stupid laws, not at those who point them out.  You are correct.  I would hate to see someone get into trouble with the National Mafia FED.GOV because of my incorrect advice.  Thank you for pointing it out.

On a related note:  Does anyone have a listing of friendly FFL's and member-owned gunshops?  I have a favorite gunshop here in WI but once I'm no longer a WI resident and have become a NH resident I'm going to need a new source of gun pr0n.

I like the SKS for what it is.  It is an econobox rifle -but unlike the Yugo offering in automobiles, will perform adequately for anyone.  I would not feel outmatched if this was the only rifle I could get my hands on.  It is a good little rifle with the availability of cheap ammo which makes it the perfect choice for budget shooters.  I would not worry about the lack of a detatchable box magazine.  A skilled shooter can reload this rifle with stripper clips almost as fast as a box mag -faster when the shooter with box magazines runs out of loaded mags.  The ammo already comes in stripper clips ready to load into the rifle.

I'd ditch the silly pig-sticker to save weight myself -but the rest of the rifle I'd leave stock unless a high-quality aftermarket stock were needed.  The stock stock (heh) seems to be a pretty good unit unless the one that comes with yours has cracking issues that can't be resolved (I wouldn't worry about cosmetics).

I'd still rather have my FAL with full-power .308 battle-rifle chambering.  But there are no more $89 tapco kits available.  That makes the price go way up now.  Too bad.  I'd love to help anyone build an FAL if they have a kit, reciever and US-made compliance parts.  I'm having FAL-build withdrawals...

KBCraig

No problem. I understand the frustration.

I checked the GONH site, but the closet thing they have to a listing is their list of member businesses.

You can plug zip codes into Davidson's and find dealers, but only their wholesale customers. I don't know if they even do business in New England.

Kevin