• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

P6/P225 (Cheap & good!) pistols at JRS Gunsmithing

Started by Redchrome, March 12, 2009, 10:34 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Redchrome

Just letting people know about a very good deal on some guns. I think these are just the sort that liberty-lovers should own.

JRS Gunsmithing in Londonderry has 6 West German police surplus P6 pistols for $374/ea.
http://www.jrsgunsmithing.com/

This is the same pistol as the SIG/Sauer P225. They're very well-made guns, and they're like most police guns... there's a lot of wear on them because they've been carried in a holster for years, but the inner workings are pristine because cops hardly ever shoot them (and Sigs are pretty damn tough guns).

These are equivalent to the new P239 in most ways; except that they cost $300 less.
6 months ago, these were $275 pistols; but the supply is drying up, the demand for guns is not slacking off, and the currency is going to hell; so prices are rising. Even at this price tho, this is one of the best deals on a 9mm pistol you will likely see for a very long time.

If you've ever thought about getting a pistol, this is a very good one, because:
- it's way underpriced compared to the market value of a new one, because some taxpayer in Germany bought it for you
- SIGs are regarded as some of the most reliable pistols you'll find. they aren't perfect; but they will work better than most. (Only thing more reliable might be a Glock... and that can be debated).
- they have good ergonomics. even people with big hands can still get a good grip on them; but they're small enough that even people with smaller hands can manage them.
- they're chambered in 9mm Parabellum (9mm Luger, 9x19mm, call it what you like), one of the most widely available and comparatively cheap handgun cartridges in the world. One can argue about the effectiveness of it in a fight; but there's a lot of people shot dead with a 9mm pistol, so it's not worthless.
- it's small enough and slim enough to carry without being a hindrance, yet large enough to shoot easily.

If you're only going to own one gun; it's a pretty darn good choice.

So if you can swing $375; go down to JRS gunsmithing the next time he's open, and buy one. You really can't go wrong on this deal, and if you pass it up you will regret it. Even if you eventually find something else with ergonomics that fit you better, you can sell this off and make a few dollars profit. The price on these will only go up at a high rate.

The shop owner is Harold Morissette; he's only open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday nights, and he told me he's closed this Friday; but look at his site, write him, and go look at his pistols as soon as you can. He's on our side politically (tho he won't break the law); and supported HCR6. So he's definitely someone we want to support.

He's got a little shack outside his house that serves as his 'shop' (per BATF regulations); and it's pretty crowded, but you'll find some interesting stuff in there. Definitely worth a visit.

Recumbent ReCycler

Quote(Only thing more reliable might be a Glock... and that can be debated)
Based on personal experience, I would debate that claim.  I've owned a Glock and a Sig, and the Sig never jammed, while the Glock had some issues.  To be fair, the Glock's issues were usually caused by the magazine.  Older Glock magazine designs were not as reliable as the newer ones.  Note that the P225 has a single stack magazine, unlike the double stack magazines that you'll find in the P226, P228 & P229.

neggy

my only gripe with the P6 is the small magazine capacity, but other than that the Sig P6/ P225 is one of those 10 guns that everyone should own.

That is a decent price for that gun too.

the P6/P225 is a SA/DA semi with a hammer and decocking mechanism.

really really really sweet gun, easy to conceal for those of you who CCW

Porcupine Realtor

Great post, Red.  Thanks for the head's up.  It's nice to support local businesses that support the liberty movement.

I'll go check this one out.  Then 9 to go...