• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Nashua Open-Carry Litter Pick-Up

Started by Porcupine_in_MA, March 12, 2009, 07:56 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

doobie

Quote from: Keyser Soce on March 18, 2009, 02:56 PM NHFT
They also made a transmission that said "the protest has started, there are about 15 of them outside city hall".

Although there was no police interaction, we were watched the entire time by two undercover cops. It would seem that they were briefed to expect us and not bother us. This presents a problem for activism since the goal is to get them to not harass anyone for open carrying, not to not harass us for open carrying because we're special or protesting or they were instructed not to.

In the future, I will not generally bother attending OC events that are publicized. I may try to put together an event where the next time we have two dozen oc'ers, we break up into groups of 3 and hit 8 completely different sections of town unannounced.

Those interested should pm me.

I kept trying to get us to break off into smaller groups of 2-4 people each, but every seemed to follow each other.  I'm going to suggest it again on Sunday in Concord that once we meet up we should stay in small groups.

Keyser Soce

I actually meant something more along the lines of not meeting up or being dropped in locations far enough apart that you can't easily be monitored by 3 circling patrol cars.

doobie

Ahh, it can work.  I say when we do nashua we do that downtown area, but we also do Rt. 3 as well.  PM me when you plan something and hopefully I'll be able to make it down (concord/manchester are easiest).

Dave Ridley

if anyone got any vid or stills and wants me to use them on the ridley report shoot me a pm with the links

J’raxis 270145

They also made a transmission that said "the protest has started, there are about 15 of them outside city hall".

Although there was no police interaction, we were watched the entire time by two undercover cops. It would seem that they were briefed to expect us and not bother us. This presents a problem for activism since the goal is to get them to not harass anyone for open carrying, not to not harass us for open carrying because we're special or protesting or they were instructed not to.

In the future, I will not generally bother attending OC events that are publicized. I may try to put together an event where the next time we have two dozen oc'ers, we break up into groups of 3 and hit 8 completely different sections of town unannounced.

Any confirmation or further evidence that the two people who interacted with us were undercovers?

Anyone have photos/video to post to the forum?

doobie

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on March 19, 2009, 08:30 PM NHFT

Any confirmation or further evidence that the two people who interacted with us were undercovers?

Are you referring to the lady on the bike?  Or were there some other people?

Keyser Soce

Quote from: doobie on March 20, 2009, 07:14 AM NHFT
Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on March 19, 2009, 08:30 PM NHFT

Are you referring to the lady on the bike?  Or were there some other people?

Both.

No further confirmation but if I were a betting man, and I am...

Porcupine_in_MA

I don't see why some undercover cops (if they were and I'm not saying one way or the other because I don't know) would make any difference in the effectiveness of an open-carry litter pick-up? It's not harassment because they're just following us along. Stop and bother us, then I would agree. But that didn't happen.
In any kind of activism you have the possibility of cops trying to track who you are by trying to find your license plates, and name etc.
It was a successful day and the best open-carry litter pick-up I've been involved in yet. As far as your idea of everyone meeting all over the place in pairs, I don't see the point of that being that this kind of event is supposed to be a noticeable, public affair. We're not trying to avoid detection.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Porcupine The Prickly Polytheist on March 21, 2009, 08:44 AM NHFT
I don't see why some undercover cops (if they were and I'm not saying one way or the other because I don't know) would make any difference in the effectiveness of an open-carry litter pick-up? It's not harassment because they're just following us along. Stop and bother us, then I would agree. But that didn't happen.
In any kind of activism you have the possibility of cops trying to track who you are by trying to find your license plates, and name etc.
It was a successful day and the best open-carry litter pick-up I've been involved in yet. As far as your idea of everyone meeting all over the place in pairs, I don't see the point of that being that this kind of event is supposed to be a noticeable, public affair. We're not trying to avoid detection.

Good way to think about it  :D

thinkliberty

Why not go over to those policemen with a video camera and ask them what they think about open-carry trash pickups?  I am sure those friendly officers would love the PR they would get on youtube. It could be a PR win win for both parties... Open-carry people show that they are good people and cops can show that they are not crazy gun grabbers and want to protect people's right to carry.

Maybe next time they will join you in picking up trash instead of just watching you pick it up. 

Keyser Soce

Perhaps my post wasn't clear.

I don't care that we were followed either, my purpose is for people to be able to open carry without harassment. If the only reason we're not harassed is because A) they know we're coming B) they're walking alongside us C) They were instructed not to because we're an official protest then I haven't really helped the average Joe to be able to freely exercise his right to carry.

As to the event itself, it certainly was a success! A fine time was had by all and we picked up many bags of trash. Lots of real people stopped to talk to us so there was even some outreach going on. Nashua is a better place for it.

havee

Can we do another one of these? I OC around my neighborhood picking up trash, walking to the corner store, the park w/the kids. I have not been harassed by any one yet but, do get a lot of weird looks from folks. The more people that are exposed to the facts the better life will be for every one. A Lot of people don't want to hear about guns or be told when, what, or where they become ok. If we are out there we will strike their curiosity and then hopefully they will do a little research them selves and understand better. Any one in the Nashua area who would like to do this would be great. Look forward to hearing from some of you.

thinkliberty

Quote from: havee on September 28, 2009, 04:17 PM NHFT
Can we do another one of these? I OC around my neighborhood picking up trash, walking to the corner store, the park w/the kids. I have not been harassed by any one yet but, do get a lot of weird looks from folks. The more people that are exposed to the facts the better life will be for every one. A Lot of people don't want to hear about guns or be told when, what, or where they become ok. If we are out there we will strike their curiosity and then hopefully they will do a little research them selves and understand better. Any one in the Nashua area who would like to do this would be great. Look forward to hearing from some of you.

I hate dirty towns, I might pickup trash with you, if you hear about a town that is really scummy.

I like cleaning up the trash to make NH a better place to live.